***The Official Western Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already completed the supplementary app and my app was created on WesternU on Jun 27th so idk why I didn't get that email yet.

This is absolutely spitballing here, but when I called Admissions a little while back, Annica Correa, who is in charge of the first half of the alphabet, was out of the office for like a week. Again, not sure if this is even a remotely possible answer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

This is absolutely spitballing here, but when I called Admissions a little while back, Annica Correa, who is in charge of the first half of the alphabet, was out of the office for like a week. Again, not sure if this is even a remotely possible answer.

Without trying to incriminate myself, I'm in the middle-ish of the alphabet (can't tell if it's first half or second half LOL) but I actually got an automated email from her a few hours ago... forgot to mention that, so maybe they have rolling admissions. @pinkrosie88 you should send in those secondaries ASAP!

In the online supplemental, it asks whether if you have attended a formal post baccalaureate program? (Yes or No) answer. What does "formal" mean?

I went back to school to meet the prerequisites needed for dental school. I previously graduated with a non-science degree from a different school. I'm guessing I would click on yes?

Members don't see this ad :)
In the online supplemental, it asks whether if you have attended a formal post baccalaureate program? (Yes or No) answer. What does "formal" mean?

I went back to school to meet the prerequisites needed for dental school. I previously graduated with a non-science degree from a different school. I'm guessing I would click on yes?
Formal means organized coursework established by the university. Informal postbac is when you take random science courses on your own to meet some requirement. If you cherry-picked courses to meet prerequisites, then you choose "no,
" since you did not actually enroll in a formal postbac program.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, upcoming WesternU D1 here speaking on my friend's account:

I advise you guys to get those secondaries in ASAP! Don't wait until the last minute because Western only has 4 interview dates (give or take) in October, November, December, and January and they decide on a majority of their class by December 1st since the class size IS 65-69 students. At other schools, you'll see about 10-12 people during your interviews, but WesternU interviews literally about 100 or so students each time, so don't be thrown off by the amount of people on your day.

Also, don't hesitate to call Admissions! WesternU's admissions and faculty are INCREDIBLY NICE compared to other schools and they'll answer your questions so nicely regardless if it's a dumb question or not. They're so kind and patient, it's amazing. I highly recommend this school... just be aware that they look for a candidate who believes in humanistic treatment. If you can show them that along with solid GPA/DAT, you'll be okay!

Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi Everyone, I sent my verified AADSAS application to Western the second week of June but I still have not received an email or notification that they have received my application or anything. it says on my AADSAS application that it was mailed but Im kind of worried that I haven't heard anything from them. Is this normal from this school?

Hi Everyone, I sent my verified AADSAS application to Western the second week of June but I still have not received an email or notification that they have received my application or anything. it says on my AADSAS application that it was mailed but Im kind of worried that I haven't heard anything from them. Is this normal from this school?
Have you completed their secondary? I submitted everything around the first week of July, and my AADSAS got mailed to them July 1 (second batch, I think).

I got confirmation 2 days ago that they're reviewing my application. I'm assuming interview invites start late August? I remember them saying that they have rolling admissions so I'd definitely check.

Have you completed their secondary? I submitted everything around the first week of July, and my AADSAS got mailed to them July 1 (second batch, I think).

I got confirmation 2 days ago that they're reviewing my application. I'm assuming interview invites start late August? I remember them saying that they have rolling admissions so I'd definitely check.

So I called them and they said they received my application July 8th but I never received an email or confirmation. Im filling out the supplemental application right now, did you put anything for the optional additional comments section?

So I called them and they said they received my application July 8th but I never received an email or confirmation. Im filling out the supplemental application right now, did you put anything for the optional additional comments section?
It's been a few weeks since I did their secondary but I remember writing a ~1 pg essay for "why Western" but I don't remember putting anything in the optional section. Hope that helps.

It's been a few weeks since I did their secondary but I remember writing a ~1 pg essay for "why Western" but I don't remember putting anything in the optional section. Hope that helps.
Where do you upload the essay? Was it uploaded on the supplemental application?

Oh wow you wrote a page? I was thinking about writing only like a paragraph or two...

Under review. I wrote like 2 paragraphs for the Why Western question. Use as much space as you need to articulate why you applied to western. There's no formula for the length. If you can do it in 2 paragraphs, do it in 2 paragraphs. If you need to do it in a page, then do it in a page. Just because someone else wrote a page doesn't mean that you need to do that as well.

Under review. I wrote like 2 paragraphs for the Why Western question. Use as much space as you need to articulate why you applied to western. There's no formula for the length. If you can do it in 2 paragraphs, do it in 2 paragraphs. If you need to do it in a page, then do it in a page. Just because someone else wrote a page doesn't mean that you need to do that as well.

Lol i actually did a paragraph or two hitting key points. Not really that bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys receive a receipt confirmation email (the one you get when the school receives application from AADSAS) from school before you start the 2ndary?

Did you guys receive a receipt confirmation email (the one you get when the school receives application from AADSAS) from school before you start the 2ndary?

Nope. I actually did the secondary before I even e-submitted... It's all available on their website.

Got a "Application Ready for Review" email today! Excited n___n

I have a question guys! Do you think I should include a class twice on the pre-req form if I retook it? There's not enough room either so I'm wondering if I should list just the retake grade? & I've been lagging my secondary because of the essay part I feel like I said a lot in my PS :(

Also, did you guys type up the pre-req sheet on a computer? or literally print it out and fill it out then scan it?

I did mine on the computer and then just email it to them.

I have a question guys! Do you think I should include a class twice on the pre-req form if I retook it? There's not enough room either so I'm wondering if I should list just the retake grade? & I've been lagging my secondary because of the essay part I feel like I said a lot in my PS :(

I didn't confirm with the school before submitting, but I only put the retake grade.

Anybody got an email from Western about attending Preview Day?

Reactions: 1 users
I actually went last month, they were very nice and they had good breakfast :)

I'm debating whether to go for the 2nd time. I think they'll know my face by now but hoping that it's not overkill since I won't hear any new info from them I think.

i would go but i live too far away. i hope it doesn't put me at an disadvantage just because i can't attend.
I don't think it's a disadvantage if you're OOS - it's understandable and not everyone has the resources to book a flight for a school tour when there's 15-20 other schools. I'm in the West Coast and would have loved to see Touro, UNE, and LECOM but I gotta werk and pay the bills :(

Has anyone received invites? I just submitted my secondaries on the 26th and wondering how long it will take!

Hey everyone! I was in the same seat as u guys last cycle and am now fortunate enough to be starting as a D1 at Western next week. Good luck and feel free to message me with any questions u guys might have!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! I also received the "application under review" email from WesternU on July 29, so I guess all I can do is wait. Good luck everyone!

I checked my portal today and it stated all my materials were received (AADSAS, DAT scores, and supplemental), but in status its still "blank"
anyone have any updates?

I checked my portal today and it stated all my materials were received (AADSAS, DAT scores, and supplemental), but in status its still "blank"
anyone have any updates?
Checked and I got the same thing as you dear :unsure:

When did you send your secondary for WesternU?

I got an email today saying that my app is processed and ready for review by the committee. The "status" boxes are still blank though

I got an email today saying that my app is processed and ready for review by the committee. The "status" boxes are still blank though
I think maybe the part above it in the table where it has all your information, next "application status" I'm just gonna look there instead lol :/

anyone have any updates?
Yeah mine is the same. My primary app and DAT scores were updated on the 19th of July and secondaries received on the 26th but its still blank under status

Hey y'all I just called to get an update... they said interview invites will go out starting in September and by phone

Reactions: 7 users
I only just got a "your app is sent for review" email even though everything was submitted a month or so ago. Anyone else just now getting that?

I only just got a "your app is sent for review" email even though everything was submitted a month or so ago. Anyone else just now getting that?
I got that exact same email yesterday, although I turned in my supplemental app at the end of July

Just got the "your application has been processed and sent to admissions for review" email

Did anyone else get the AADSAS received email....again. I got that months ago, and then the app under review email.....but now I'm getting the AADSAS received heres what you do next email again.

I don't think they really use the AADSAS portal, that could be why it's not showing up as "under review," just a haphazard guess

Hey guys, another D1 checking in here. If you guys are in the area this Saturday I highly recommend you stop by WesternU Preview Day this Saturday! You can get a feel for the school as well as meet some faculty! Trust me it's never too early to try and have your face recognized by faculty. I'll probably be there to help answer questions about D1 too. If you guys still have questions feel free to PM me! Or the other guy dkhong03 (whoever that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.