***The Official Western University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by mis_gnomer
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mis_gnomer

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I thought I would go ahead and start this thread for all the pre-dents applying to Western University's College of Dental Medicine program this cycle.
Possibly useful links:

Last cycle's thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...c-o-2019-interview-acceptance-thread.1083944/

WesternU's College of Dental Medicine admissions page:
http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/welcome-2/

Competitive class stats:
http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/competitive/

Best of luck, you guys! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck guys!:luck::luck:
Hey just wondering - have you guys submitted the secondary yet, and if so, have you seen any status change on AADSAS or gotten any emails from them? I haven't heard anything except for an email confirming that I submitted the secondary...probably not a big deal but just wondering...
 
Good luck guys!:luck::luck:
Hey just wondering - have you guys submitted the secondary yet, and if so, have you seen any status change on AADSAS or gotten any emails from them? I haven't heard anything except for an email confirming that I submitted the secondary...probably not a big deal but just wondering...
Ya I have only gotten the email about secondary. On their portal it says they haven't even got my app for service or my DAT score.
 
Ya I have only gotten the email about secondary. On their portal it says they haven't even got my app for service or my DAT score.

Same here! Just skimming through last year's thread, it looks like people were in the same boat at this time...So we're probably ok! 🙂
 
Good luck guys!:luck::luck:
Hey just wondering - have you guys submitted the secondary yet, and if so, have you seen any status change on AADSAS or gotten any emails from them? I haven't heard anything except for an email confirming that I submitted the secondary...probably not a big deal but just wondering...
I completed mine, you just have to go to their website and then create a username. I called because my secondary said it was missing some information. The admissions office then told me they were re-doing the website and that they haven't even start to look at applications so there is nothing to worry about.
 
Last edited:
I actually went there for a pre-dental prep program, and the school itself was amazing! It really blew me away, and the students loved where they were. Despite the school being pretty new (it started in 2009), there was nothing but good things about it when I went. The price is a bit hefty, though... but it's definitely one of my top choices.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finally got a confirmation email from western!! 🙂🙂 ( and i checked my supplement page and they updated everything on there as well)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Literally almost 24 hours later. Received app complete on Thursday at 5:11pm. Then received app sent for review Friday at 5:08 pm.
thanks for the info! I got the app complete email on thursday at 7:12pm but didn't receive the under review email on friday 😕
 
Ya the email starts off by saying... "Good news" haha and again thought interview invite. But wrong again. So just prepare yourself
 
How do you tell which batch you are in? And what is the significance/advantage to being in the first batch? Thanks guys!
 
How do you tell which batch you are in? And what is the significance/advantage to being in the first batch? Thanks guys!

Someone made a post with this years batch dates. I don't know how to copy the link here using mobile but I searched "what batch am I" and I found it. My app mailed July 2 and I'm second batch and I think every week after that is the next batch.
 
On the Western Portal, it still doesn't say anything in terms of being received for my DAT scores and "App Rec'd frm Service". Is this normal - aka I don't have to send my DAT scores to them right?? My application was mailed out last week, so it may be a little early, but I was wondering how often they update this stuff and what not. Also, I totes forgot to send in my pre-req worksheet a while back and just now sent it in, so that could probably delay things... My bad. 🙄
That emoji looks like bill cosby
 
Does anyone know if going to the preview day is beneficial or not? I am debating on going, but if I don't need to I would rather not spend the money.
 
So I just looked and western is not showing up on my AADSAS portal under school decisions, am I the only one?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad