*** The Official WesternU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAAACCCCCEEPPPTEEEEDDDDD!!! GOT A CALL FROM THE DEAN!!! THANK YOU, WESTERN!!!!!! :love::luck::highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Missed a call from Pomona, CA but no voicemail. Do I need to call back or just wait for an email??

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think they’re still calling? Also did anyone’s status change

Accepted!! Didn't get a phone call, but checked the WesternU portal and status was updated! Good luck everyone!

Yeah I’m at the portal and I don’t see where it got updated? I’m just seeing the different dates they received my information.

Did you get an email to check the portal?
When I opened up my portal it said "Status Update" at the very top and then a link right under that said "view update." I never got an email/call or anything. I just checked it by chance and it said that. Not sure if they update differently throughout the day.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I know I was a nervous wreck.

Reactions: 1 users
dang, is it over for us who are waiting? I’m losing hope since it’s past 5 PM PST.

Congrats to everyone who got in! Do you guys think that they sent out all the acceptance and waitlist offers? @DentalForYoo- can you please confirm this for us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to everyone who got in! Do you guys think that they sent out all the acceptance and waitlist offers? @DentalForYoo- can you please confirm this for us?

Hello Everybody!

Congrats to those of you that got accepted! Welcome to the family! Please let me know if you have any questions about the program!

To answer the question above, I am not sure if the admissions office sent out all of the acceptances and waitlist offers yet. To my knowledge, however, dental schools usually don't send out rejections or waitlist offers on acceptance day. I know this probably isn't the answer you are looking for but theres still hope! We are still VERY early on in the application cycle and we still have four months left! I know that this time can be very hard for some so please let me know if I can lend an open ear and some advice. Best of luck everybody and please keep smiling!

*[Use At Your Own Risk Disclaimer] Please note that although I am a WesternU Dental Student, in no way am I affiliated with WesternU interviews and admissions. The provided information are personal anecdotes intended to aide pre-dental students. Any action you take upon the information is strictly at your own risk and no one affiliated with this website, WesternU, and myself can be responsible for your use of the information contained herein.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everybody!

Congrats to those of you that got accepted! Welcome to the family! Please let me know if you have any questions about the program!

To answer the question above, I am not sure if the admissions office sent out all of the acceptances and waitlist offers yet. To my knowledge, however, dental schools usually don't send out rejections or waitlist offers on acceptance day. I know this probably isn't the answer you are looking for but theres still hope! We are still VERY early on in the application cycle and we still have four months left! I know that this time can be very hard for some so please let me know if I can lend an open ear and some advice. Best of luck everybody and please keep smiling!

*[Use At Your Own Risk Disclaimer] Please note that although I am a WesternU Dental Student, in no way am I affiliated with WesternU interviews and admissions. The provided information are personal anecdotes intended to aide pre-dental students. Any action you take upon the information is strictly at your own risk and no one affiliated with this website, WesternU, and myself can be responsible for your use of the information contained herein.
So, if we interviewed, but didn’t hear from them today, are we put on a waitlist? Will they contact us to let us know our status?
Or should I give them a call tomorrow?
Thanks for your help or for any answers you may have!

So, if we interviewed, but didn’t hear from them today, are we put on a waitlist? Will they contact us to let us know our status?
Or should I give them a call tomorrow?
Thanks for your help or for any answers you may have!

I am unsure of how and when the admissions office determines which students are placed on the waitlist. Last year, students found out they were placed on the waitlist from either their aadsas or westernU portal. I wouldn't call them about this unless you have something on your application that you need to update them on (new medical mission trip you went on, publishing a scientific paper, new grades, graduation from a masters program, etc.) Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
accepted yesterday at 11:40 am via phone call and email was sent at 5:10 pm

I'll be turning down my acceptance here. Just wanted to post this, so that those still waiting will see some movement!

Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear something! I think Western is one that does not form an actual waitlist, so it's kind of tough not hearing anything (and being left in limbo). I'm in the same boat regarding one of the schools where I interviewed. :(

Hello Everybody!

Do you know if they send out more acceptances as rejections of acceptances come in or does Western wait and do more acceptances in batches (for example after the deposit is due and they know how many paid for a spot)? In other words, can we maybe expect acceptances any day that are individually given out or should we just expect to wait until the deposit deadline has passed?

Also, do you know how long they have to put their deposit down or when the deadline is for those who were offered acceptances on the 3rd?

I'll be turning down my acceptance here. Just wanted to post this, so that those still waiting will see some movement!

Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear something! I think Western is one that does not form an actual waitlist, so it's kind of tough not hearing anything (and being left in limbo). I'm in the same boat regarding one of the schools where I interviewed. :(
Thanks for posting this Mac! I'm one of those waiting to hear from Western and this helps :)

damn, i haven't even interviewed yet cause I finished my app in early august. I guess I messed up.
I think they have at least 2 more interview days (one in January and one in February) if they do the same as last year. So, don't give up hope!!

I just officially declined my acceptance offer here. Hopefully that'll open up a spot for one of you who are waiting to hear good news :)

I think they have at least 2 more interview days (one in January and one in February) if they do the same as last year. So, don't give up hope!!
Wow that's it?! I was really hoping to interview there but it's hard to be optimistic now. I wonder if it does any good that some people have already received rejections and I haven't yet. Maybe they're still getting around to it?

I haven’t received an interview and I have above average stats... I think it might be due to the fact that I don’t have enough units to apply but I’ll have enough by the end of next semester. The admission counselor told me my application is complete and under review but the portal marks me as having insufficient units

3.26 sGPA
3.34 oGPA
25 AA, TS

Wow that's it?! I was really hoping to interview there but it's hard to be optimistic now. I wonder if it does any good that some people have already received rejections and I haven't yet. Maybe they're still getting around to it?
If they interview as many per day as they did pre-December, there were 100 applicants there each day. So that's a large group (times 2....January & February) and you definitely have a chance!

(Edited to say that I just now read through last year's thread again and they actually interviewed more than just one day in January and one day in February, so there will be even more opportunities for you to get an interview hopefully!!)

Good luck :)

Last edited:
If they interview as many per day as they did pre-December, there were 100 applicants there each day. So that's a large group (times 2....January & February) and you definitely have a chance!

(Edited to say that I just now read through last year's thread again and they actually interviewed more than just one day in January and one day in February, so there will be even more opportunities for you to get an interview hopefully!!)

Good luck :)
That's encouraging. Thanks for this!!

Hey guys, I have an interview in Feb, any interview tips? How should I prep? What's style of the interview? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hey guys, I have an interview in Feb, any interview tips? How should I prep? What's style of the interview? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The style of interview is a 2-on-1, so you'll have one faculty member and one student interviewing you back and forth on the questions they have for ~20-25 minutes or so. They're pretty basic and standard interview questions. What helped me prep for it was looking at the Western Interview Feedback page on SDN. Good luck!

I'll be rejecting my acceptance to Western so I hope one of you guys get my spot!

Did anyone hear anything from them after Dec 3? Are they done sending acceptance letter for December? Does anyone know when they will start sending acceptance letter?

Last edited:
Have all the interviews been 2-on-1? Or is there a chance there are 1 on 1 interviews also?

Is Western still handing out interview invites?

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted! Interviewed Nov 3rd and didn't get email that I was waitlisted or not. At this point, I am taking the spot. I have another interview coming up. Good luck everyone :)

Just received a phone call and it was an acceptance! But, I will be turning it down. Good luck everyone!

Got the call today that I got in!! Interviewed on October 6th. As of right now I will be accepting!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on Oct 6th and I was accepted today at 10:20 AM! So excited since it’s my top choice! I have not received an email confirmation yet. Good luck to everyone!

I got a call for acceptance yesterday too, but i think i may deny cause i got accepted at UCLA on Dec, 3 and it's my top choice

Hey guys, did you guys get the email yet? I still haven't.

Just got an interview offer today! Will be interviewing February 8th, does anyone have recommendations on where to stay?

Just got an interview offer today! Will be interviewing February 8th, does anyone have recommendations on where to stay?
Try to get an airbnb instead of a hotel. You'll save yourself some momey

Status
Not open for further replies.