The Official "Where are you going next year?" Thread (Fall 2010)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be attending Nova Southeastern University, Psy. D. :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

My husband and I both applied to graduate school for the upcoming Fall. Today he heard back from his final schools, and we were finally able to make a decision.

I will be attending the School Psychology, Ph.D. program at Syracuse University in the fall. I'm quite excited.

Any future cohort members, feel free to message me.

I'll be attending Case Western Reserve University! :) sooo excited... and glad that this whole process is over! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending Nova Southeastern University, Psy. D. :soexcited:

Congrats! I've heard NSU has a beautiful campus. I don't know if Dr. Nathan Azrin is still around, but he is a ridiculously successful and prolific scholar there.

Hey All-

I formally accepted the offer to the PsyD program this afternoon!! :)

Congrats to all who have gotten good news this week and good luck to all those who are waiting to hear!

Loyola - Chicago Clinical Ph.D.!! :) It wasn't an easy choice, but I'm happy with it...and more excited by the day!

Feel free to PM me if you're going there as well!

Loyola - Chicago Clinical Ph.D.!! :) It wasn't an easy choice, but I'm happy with it...and more excited by the day!

What other programs were you considering?

Congrats! I work at a lab there and I love it. Say hi to my city for me every day while I'm gone... : (

Congrats! I've heard NSU has a beautiful campus. I don't know if Dr. Nathan Azrin is still around, but he is a ridiculously successful and prolific scholar there.

Thanks and yes he is still there. The campus is soo beautiful! The middle of the campus has a lake that has a large shark fin coming out it (school mascot)..super cute! I loved the program and am soo excited to start there in the fall.

I will MOST likely be attending The Chicago School (Los Angeles) for the PsyD in Applied Behavior Analysis program!!!
But I also have an interview at Alliant/CSPP (Los Angeles) for the PsyD in clinical program!!! :)

Thanks and yes he is still there. The campus is soo beautiful! The middle of the campus has a lake that has a large shark fin coming out it (school mascot)..super cute! I loved the program and am soo excited to start there in the fall.
You'll be quite busy, but definitely make the trip across campus to the sports and rec complex...it is awesome.

I will be attending West Virginia University's Life-Span Developmental Psychology Program.. SOOOOO excited :soexcited:

I also accepted at West Virginia University, but for the Clinical Psych Ph.D. program! Congrats! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

how cool is that!

I know this is hard to believe, but yes, I'll be in Philly, Chesnut Hill to be exact. :p

Awesome! Let's keep in touch. where is Chesnut Hill exactly? i am starting to look at Philly neighborhoods.

Awesome! Let's keep in touch. where is Chesnut Hill exactly? i am starting to look at Philly neighborhoods.

Absolutely! Chestnut Hill is at the Northwestern edge of the city, it's a very suburban part of the city, however, to live it's a little expensive. Just Southeast of Chestnut Hill is Mt. Airy, also a very suburban area, and a really nice area to live, not nearly as expensive (I lived there for a few years, it's beautiful and extremely diverse, kind of a hippie-ish area). If you're looking for a place to live that's not totally urban and is a relatively short commute to Temple, I'd definitely look in that area, mainly West Mt. Airy around Green St., Linicoln Drive... that area. Let me know if you need any Philly area related guidance! :)

To Psyched82, I'll be joining you at Nova's Psy.D. program buddy or buddita.:luck:

Absolutely! Chestnut Hill is at the Northwestern edge of the city, it's a very suburban part of the city, however, to live it's a little expensive. Just Southeast of Chestnut Hill is Mt. Airy, also a very suburban area, and a really nice area to live, not nearly as expensive (I lived there for a few years, it's beautiful and extremely diverse, kind of a hippie-ish area). If you're looking for a place to live that's not totally urban and is a relatively short commute to Temple, I'd definitely look in that area, mainly West Mt. Airy around Green St., Linicoln Drive... that area. Let me know if you need any Philly area related guidance! :)

Thanks. I may just do that!

Should we make a master list of these (without usernames)? It would be kind of cool to see which programs are lucky enough to have awesome SDNers in their cohorts! :)

And it might be helpful for future applicants as well.

Thoughts?

I was already leaning towards accepting the UMKC offer but my awesome visit made it official. Kansas City, here I come. Can't wait to have more of that great BBQ! I believe the other 3 (of 4 total) spots have been filled so if you're on SDN, I'd love to meet you future cohort.

I've let go of my spot at UMBC so hopefully this also makes someone else's day.

edit* it's for the Clinical PhD program.

I was already leaning towards accepting the UMKC offer but my awesome visit made it official. Kansas City, here I come. Can't wait to have more of that great BBQ! I believe the other 3 (of 4 total) spots have been filled so if you're on SDN, I'd love to meet you future cohort.

UMBC - is that Maryland??

Texan-

So happy for you! I know it was a tough choice, but you will definitely be happy and successful there. Glad you loved it as much as you hoped you would! :)

Texan-

So happy for you! I know it was a tough choice, but you will definitely be happy and successful there. Glad you loved it as much as you hoped you would! :)

Thanks Buckeye! That means a lot. Saw that you're in at Loyola-Chicago. Congrats to you as well. Enjoy the awesomeness of Chicago. I've heard great things but never been. Glad you're staying somewhat close to home.

O-H!

KC is great, feel free to PM me if you have questions about the city.

:hello: Am I late? Am I late? (posting in this thread I mean :D)

So here it goes... I can't believe I'm saying this. :nod: Going to U of R in the fall. :highfive:

:hello: Am I late? Am I late? (posting in this thread I mean :D)

So here it goes... I can't believe I'm saying this. :nod: Going to U of R in the fall. :highfive:

R=Rochester?

No, you're not late! ;)

I don't know yet (and probably won't for another week or so)... fingers crossed for good funding news, please! :xf::xf::xf:

R=Rochester?

No, you're not late! ;)

I don't know yet (and probably won't for another week or so)... fingers crossed for good funding news, please! :xf::xf::xf:

yes! :cool: I'm going to be a first-year (again!) :prof:
I do love beginnings, they're so exciting.

p.s. here's hoping you get the funding you need and deserve! :luck:

I will be attending the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Clinical Science and Psychopathology Research (Clinical Ph.D) Program. Very very excited!!:D

I sent my confirmation of acceptance to Rosemead School of Psych @ Biola today :) Anyone else Rosemead bound in the Fall?

I was super paranoid about jinxing myself before posting here until I officially signed, but I can now say I am going to the joint program at SDSU/UCSD!! I am beyond excited!! :clap:

Congratulations to you! I was wondering if you know of any other student who applied to SDSU M.S. program in applied psychology (i/o or program evaluation). Were they admitted? What did they do to set themselves apart from the rest of the other applicants?

Thanks.

I will be attending U Oregon's clinical PhD program in the fall!

I will be attending Florida Tech's Clinical Psychology PsyD program.

I sent my confirmation of acceptance to Rosemead School of Psych @ Biola today :) Anyone else Rosemead bound in the Fall?

did u decline your APU offer??? I'm on their waitlist and that would make me feel better knowing spots are opening up... :xf:

did u decline your APU offer??? I'm on their waitlist and that would make me feel better knowing spots are opening up... :xf:

MiJac- Yes, I will be notifying APU today with my decline. So, another spot should be opening up shortly. Best of luck :)