• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

lesstalkmorock

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Status
Does anywhere know a good place to get a list of reactions (that lists out reagents, type of reaction, etc)

This is for organic 2, so preferably covers alcohols, carbonyls, aromatics.

I know the material pretty well, I would just like to see all the reactions in front of me at one time.

MAD CRAZY KARMA if you can help!

Thanks in advance!

MErc44

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
Half way home
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
buy the book Organic Chemistry by Paula Yurkanis Bruice. It has summaries at the end of each chapter with all the reactions. She was my teacher at UCSB and we had to know around 50 reactions for one of our finals. Its a good book anyway.

About the Ads

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
MErc44 said:
buy the book Organic Chemistry by Paula Yurkanis Bruice. It has summaries at the end of each chapter with all the reactions. She was my teacher at UCSB and we had to know around 50 reactions for one of our finals. Its a good book anyway.
that's the book that we use! although, no offense to your prof., but a lot of the reactions are the same exact thing. it's better to understand the mechanisms, IMO.

for the OP, check out http://www.chemhelper.com/mechanisms.html it's a bunch of mechanisms for different reactions.

lizzylu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
SF
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I understand what you mean about needing to see all the reactions in front of you. What I did in ochem (and then later passed on to my students during a review session) was make an entire chart (yes it requires a big piece of paper or small writing) of how to get from one thing to the next, and the backwards info if I knew it. I think I started in the middle w/ a generic C=C bond, then branched off from there.

If I hadn't thrown everything away last year I'd scan it for you. But it's quite impressive. I swear if you set aside a few hours, make the chart, it'll help immensely for the final :)

About the Ads