The podpost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

how much do you make or plan to make as a podiatrist?(net income)

• < 60k

• 60k-70k

• 70k-80k

• 80-90k

• >100k

• I Just want to see the answers

Results are only viewable after voting.

ok, so I am soon to apply to podiatry school and I came across the podpost website i just want to know are all those things really true. in this website podiatrists are just complaining about how they are not doctors and how they dont make any money this does not make any sense to me they call themselves technician take a look at this.

thread http://podpost.us/issue/march-2015/...esidents-none-making-over-75k-upon-graduation

to be honest while reading those comments I saw a bunch of mediocre useless individuals who are unable to scale in their profession or business I really hope i am right and this a minority of them.

it kinds of frighten me because I am not in pod school neither am I in a podiatry environment to really know what is going on I only read and imagine. is it really that bad are people really getting paid bread crumbs to pay their debt after pod school am i going to make the same as a PHD professor.

money is a priority for me not the only one but one of them, and i want to be prepared when the day comes to get a job in podiatry and I start making miserable amount of money. is kind of hard to gauge how much will i really make as a podiatrist when I come upon websites with all different type of ranges for example Physician - Podiatry Salaries by education, experience, location and more - Salary.com

I would like to be a foot and ankle surgeon not just a clinician.

I would like for Doctors, non doctor and soon to be doctor to please enlighten me and set me straight.

Members don't see this ad.

ok, so I am soon to apply to podiatry school and I came across the podpost website i just want to know are all those things really true. in this website podiatrists are just complaining about how they are not doctors and how they dont make any money this does not make any sense to me they call themselves technician take a look at this.

thread Strike 3 for Podiatrist salaries

to be honest while reading those comments I saw a bunch of mediocre useless individuals who are unable to scale in their profession or business I really hope i am right and this a minority of them.

it kinds of frighten me because I am not in pod school neither am I in a podiatry environment to really know what is going on I only read and imagine. is it really that bad are people really getting paid bread crumbs to pay their debt after pod school am i going to make the same as a PHD professor.

money is a priority for me not the only one but one of them, and i want to be prepared when the day comes to get a job in podiatry and I start making miserable amount of money. is kind of hard to gauge how much will i really make as a podiatrist when I come upon websites with all different type of ranges for example Physician - Podiatry Salaries by education, experience, location and more - Salary.com

I would like to be a foot and ankle surgeon not just a clinician.

I would like for Doctors, non doctor and soon to be doctor to please enlighten me and set me straight.
Not this site again

Reactions: 4 users
The answer you seek lies within.

Within multiple other threads on this forum.

Use the search function.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seek out the answer and you will find it

Ok I did, apparently is managed by some mentally ill podiatrist who lost his license.....this is sooo strange I really dont know what to say or feel about this.... o_Oo_O

Reactions: 1 users
Ok I did, apparently is managed by some mentally ill podiatrist who lost his license.....this is sooo strange I really dont know what to say or feel about this.... o_Oo_O
Basically, not a reputable source of information. If you look at the actual salary surveys from actual podiatric organizations you'll see average salary ranges from 180,000 up to 280,000 depending on practice type. Of course those are averages and you could make from 100,000 up to millions.

As far as being a "real doctor", I mean you get to independently diagnose, prescribe, treat, perform surgeries, admit patients, become chief of surgery or chief of staff (if you work at a hospital)...I mean if that's not a "real doctor" then I'm pretty sure nobody in this country (MD, DO, DPM) is a "real doctor".

Not this site again

The answer you seek lies within.
Within multiple other threads on this forum.
Use the search function.

Should've made him run around the rabbit hole.

Would've been more fun.

Specially if OP didn't even bother reading and searching first before posting.

Should've made him run around the rabbit hole.

Would've been more fun.

Specially if OP didn't even bother reading and searching first before posting.

thanks for the help

thanks for the help
Any time.

Take that page with a grain of salt.

I went on here 2 years ago about to ask the same question but the answers are all out there.

Consider reading through the Podiatry Students and Residents threads as well. Don't comment, just read.

Do the research first before you ask. There is a wealth of information on here.

All posts about the PodPost should be moved to the "Psychiatry" section of SDN. After all, the PodPost is a reflection of one man's severe mental illness, not a reflection of the podiatric profession.

Anyway, don't worry, OP. I fell for it, too, a month or so ago.

So when the person is stating that 3 pods had attending salaries of 60k-70k, is that sample size just his different personalities?

All posts about the PodPost should be moved to the "Psychiatry" section of SDN. After all, the PodPost is a reflection of one man's severe mental illness, not a reflection of the podiatric profession.

Anyway, don't worry, OP. I fell for it, too, a month or so ago.

So when the person is stating that 3 pods had attending salaries of 60k-70k, is that sample size just his different personalities?

Sure it's possible for starting salaries to be 70k in saturated private practice markets where the applicant was unwilling to relocate. Keep in mind priv practice salaries are commonly low, where it let's you pay the bills towards the beginning of practice, and incentivizes you to hustle and bring in patients, once you bring in that 70k any extra you make a percentage and can be counted as a bonus so in reality depending on how hard you work... you actually make >>100k

There should be a sticky on this forum to warn people about that site...
I was reading some of those articles and almost made me not send my application few weeks ago

"average salary ranges from 180,000 up to 280,000 depending on practice type. "
1. Many podiatrists need to bill medicare at least 90,000 to be eligible for MIPS. I recall I was reading statistics posted
and almost half of the respondents were not eligible for MIPS. In NYS the law does not accept podiatrists with the
ability to medically treat the ankle even if they are board certified in podiatric medicine. I believe they need some sort of
3 year residency training and "surgical certification to medically treat the ankle or rather treat what they are board certified at" . Ther is always an option of becoming a nurse and then a nurse practitioner so as to be able to medically treat the ankle and other
parts of the body in NYS.
2. I believe money and high salaries is not everything in life.
Okay so some podiatrists might be having problems making a living. Perhaps a spouse can help support a podiatrist. My opinion
is that podiatry is a wonderful profession. If I had to do it all over again I would. Think of all the patients I helped.
3. I wish that one day every state board of podiatry would accept AMA credits regarding renewing a podiatrist's licensure.
4. Having a DPM degree might be economically advantageous when tuition is lower than that of an MD or DO or PHD for the
exact same type of continuing education meeting regarding dermoscopy. I recall the tuition is the same as a nurse or other healthcare
practitioner.
5. My guess if less podiatrists graduate this might open up opportunities so that older experienced podiatrists who are board
certified in podiatric medicine might be able to increase their chances of getting a match so that they can
complete 3 years additional training and finally become qualified to medically treat the ankle in NYS.
6. Podiatry is a wonderful profession because so many patients are helped.

disclaimer: please do not rely upon any of the the above information. Google how many podiatrists are exempt from MIPS. This will give an idea as to how many podiatrists actually billed medicare less than $90,000 per year. It is only my personal opinions that are posted.