The process is tiring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Malex

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just wondering if this happens to other pre medical students or am I too weak, I know medical school is supposed to be super difficult compared to undergrad but I'm a senior and my major is BS in Biochemistry with a minor in Biology, my GPA is 3.75 so far and I will be graduating in two semesters, but sometimes I feel so tired, I feel like I'm always studying, I take 5 to 6 classes per semester, last semester I took 3 different science classes with their labs totaling 6 classes and I ended up with 5 As and one B, and this summer I am taking 4 class + studying for the MCAT, I have a son and I live with my bf. And sometimes I feel overwhelmed with everything and supposedly this is the easy part lol I can't see how much harder could it get, has anyone felt like this and still made it thru medical school or idk just looking to see if I'm not the only one out there

It's happened to a lot of us. People usually call it "burnout" and I think that right now, you're burned out.
I think if you took a few weeks off, you'll come back feeling really refreshed. Make a list of things you need to do and organize that as much as you can and make a proper study plan for how you'll handle classes and MCAT this summer; then just go away for two weeks with your son or something. When you come back, hopefully you'll feel ready to handle more.

side note- don't listen to someone on SDN if they say that you're going to be taking way more science courses in med school and if you can't handle it now you won't be able to blah blah blah.

You're not weak. It happens to all of us. It happened to me this semester. I ended up moving my test date back because of it. I thought all of the same things you are thinking because I was working, taking classes, doing research and studying for the MCAT. I ended up taking a month off of studying and it helped a lot. Now I'm putting in 6-8 hour days and I feel better about the whole thing. This is just a process and you're going to get discouraged but eventually, you'll learn to deal with it. I believe that's how adapting to medical school is as well.