the process of Letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have 2 questions.
1/ Do we have to have LORS at the same time that we submit our application on May, meaning that the professors are already written you letter at that time OR we can send the LORS after the sending application online?
2/ I took one intro bio at cc, do community college professors send LOR to career center like university or they send directly to adease.
I am confused about the process! I tried searching and nothing answer about my questions.
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do i miss out something since they only talk about transcript?
The info pertaining to LORs begins on page 36. Note that AADSAS calls it LOE not LOR. In short, submit your application ASAP, don't wait for the LORs. AADSAS will process and mail your app to schools without LORS. The LORs will be sent later in an update if not received on time. Obviously though, a school won't consider your file complete and ready for review until they have your letters.
Send the CC LOR to the same location as all your other letters. If you're using a letter service at your school, send all letters there. If you're not using a letter service, send all letters directly to AADSAS.

The info pertaining to LORs begins on page 36. Note that AADSAS calls it LOE not LOR. In short, submit your application ASAP, don't wait for the LORs. AADSAS will process and mail your app to schools without LORS. The LORs will be sent later in an update if not received on time. Obviously though, a school won't consider your file complete and ready for review until they have your letters.
Send the CC LOR to the same location as all your other letters. If you're using a letter service at your school, send all letters there. If you're not using a letter service, send all letters directly to AADSAS.
Thank you so much bounty!!! You are a great help

If you're using a letter service at your school, send all letters there. If you're not using a letter service, send all letters directly to AADSAS.

I have a reference letter service at my school, but I was wondering if all dental schools accept letters sent by the reference letter service, not by AADSAS. I was reading the FAQ's on UMDNJ's website and it said that they don't accept letters that are not sent by AADSAS...should I just send my LOE's to AADSAS instead?

I have a reference letter service at my school, but I was wondering if all dental schools accept letters sent by the reference letter service, not by AADSAS. I was reading the FAQ's on UMDNJ's website and it said that they don't accept letters that are not sent by AADSAS...should I just send my LOE's to AADSAS instead?
Some school websites say that but all the one's I tried (NJ included) still took my letters from my school. Email them to find out. Will your school send your letter file to AADSAS? That's probably the best option b/c you get the advantages of your school's service and the letters still end up at AADSAS. Some schools won't mail to AADSAS though, so check it out. If it doesn't matter to you either way, than just play it safe and use AADSAS only.

Some school websites say that but all the one's I tried (NJ included) still took my letters from my school. Email them to find out. Will your school send your letter file to AADSAS? That's probably the best option b/c you get the advantages of your school's service and the letters still end up at AADSAS. Some schools won't mail to AADSAS though, so check it out. If it doesn't matter to you either way, than just play it safe and use AADSAS only.

i think my reference letter service sends to aadsas, but don't i need a matching form for each letter that has a barcode in order to send it in to aadsas?

i think my reference letter service sends to aadsas, but don't i need a matching form for each letter that has a barcode in order to send it in to aadsas?
If that's the case, you'll need only 1 matching form and you will give it to your school's letter service.

Hi guys!
I have 2 questions.
1/ Do we have to have LORS at the same time that we submit our application on May, meaning that the professors are already written you letter at that time OR we can send the LORS after the sending application online?
2/ I took one intro bio at cc, do community college professors send LOR to career center like university or they send directly to adease.
I am confused about the process! I tried searching and nothing answer about my questions.
Thanks in advance

All of my recommendations were sent into my schools advising office and then they were all sent to AADSAS at the same time. I sent my application to AADSAS in June and my letters of recommendation weren't sent to AADSAS until July and they weren't sent out until August. I got in and everything was fine. So I would start your application and send it in as early as possible. You can add your recommendation letters later.

Good Luck!