The Real Cost of Education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0U1988

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two part Question:
Part 1:
Which Audiology programs have the cheapest tuition rates?
Part 2:
Does cheap tuition mean a bad program: Lacking curriculum, Bad Faculty, Bad facilities, or dated equipment? If you go too the cheaper school because there cheap are you missing out on a good education?

Thoughts???

Members don't see this ad.

IS is always the most affordable, I started there. You stellar applicants have free range.
Except for Vandy the only other program that I visited that impressed me regarding equip. and faculty both was Wash U., and UTD (not that I saw too many programs up close and personal). Many of the departments had dated equip., hence looking forward to the externship experience.
I am concerned about "missing out on a good education". With my CSD undergrad. experience some professors I couldn't have learned more from, others I relied on the TA.

Many of the departments had dated equip., hence looking forward to the externship experience.
I am concerned about "missing out on a good education". With my CSD undergrad. experience some professors I couldn't have learned more from, others I relied on the TA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many of the departments had dated equip., hence looking forward to the externship experience.

I totally agree dude. Good education is must.

Does IS stand for Iowa State or Idaho State? I'm assuming Iowa.. So where are you attending now? Vandy? Oh, and what do you mean exactly by free range? Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think cheap tuitions mean it's a bad program at all. But yes, I would like to know more on this as well!;)