The schools with relatively not competitive GPA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grettlin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just read the statistics of AADS about the GPA and DAT of 2000 Entering Class. Some schools accept people without high GPA, like
Howard U. 2.99
Meharry Med. Coll. 2.88

I wonder why people without high GPA to apply these schools? Is there any concern?
For me, if I do not have good GPA, I definitely apply the schools do not require high GPA.
Please talk about your opinions, thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

These two schools are traditionally and prodominantly African American schools.

Well you are correct about the GPA for these schools, but these schools are looking for people who are very much into community service, and want to serve predominantly in underserved areas. Don't get mistaken that they have these low requirements, so you are definately gonna get in, as these schools are highly selective. I was invited for an interview in Meharry, I was really impressed with the facilities they have there. They only interview 150 students, and accept only 45 for a class. So it is actually very tough to get in these schools. One thing, don't get demoralized if you don't get a interview invitations from these schools, as once again, they look mostl at ur community, volunteer experience.
I hope this helps
Viraj

Viraj couldn't be any further from the truth...great reply Viraj.