SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

The schools with relatively not competitive GPA.

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by grettlin, Feb 24, 2002.

1. grettlin

grettlin Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 11, 2001
    California
    I just read the statistics of AADS about the GPA and DAT of 2000 Entering Class. Some schools accept people without high GPA, like
    Howard U. 2.99
    Meharry Med. Coll. 2.88

I wonder why people without high GPA to apply these schools? Is there any concern?
    For me, if I do not have good GPA, I definitely apply the schools do not require high GPA.
    Please talk about your opinions, thanks! :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Scottsdale DDS

Scottsdale DDS Member 10+ Year Member

May 26, 2000
    These two schools are traditionally and prodominantly African American schools.

4. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Boston
    Well you are correct about the GPA for these schools, but these schools are looking for people who are very much into community service, and want to serve predominantly in underserved areas. Don't get mistaken that they have these low requirements, so you are definately gonna get in, as these schools are highly selective. I was invited for an interview in Meharry, I was really impressed with the facilities they have there. They only interview 150 students, and accept only 45 for a class. So it is actually very tough to get in these schools. One thing, don't get demoralized if you don't get a interview invitations from these schools, as once again, they look mostl at ur community, volunteer experience.
    I hope this helps
    Viraj

5. terp99

terp99 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Viraj couldn't be any further from the truth...great reply Viraj.