The Scores have arrived!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmMnM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I created an official thread to discuss the outcome of your PCAT scores!!!

:) :D :D :) ;) :D

Good luck everyone on seeing your scores that will arrive anytime this week!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly this whole not getting my score is really pissing me off. Anyone wanna go knock on Harcourt's door w/ me? :mad:

I got my scores today and yes I do find it a bit odd how they made up the composite. I did horrendous in quant and chem (as expected) yet my composite was still fairly high. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my scores today and yes I do find it a bit odd how they made up the composite. I did horrendous in quant and chem (as expected) yet my composite was still fairly high. :confused:

Thank you!!! FINALLY someone from CA received their score!!!! I have to run home now to tackle my mailman. :love: :love:

I just got my scores.

Verbal-78
Biology-71
Reading-70
Quant-93
Chemistry-86
Comp-85

Writing-3

Overall I am satisfied I guess. My Biology and reading scores surprised me, I thought they would be higher - I thought I aced those sections.

Hey,

I got mine today, and was pretty much in shock...

verbal 442 - 95%
biology 415 - 74%
reading 438 - 94%
quant. 468 - 99%
chem 452 - 97%

writing 4

composite 443 - 98%

verbal ability - 78%
biology - 95%
reading comp -70%
Qunatitive -87%
Chemistry -93%

COMP- 91% ~~~~~~~>YEAH BABBBBBBBBBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is a 68 in math too low to be competitive?

Seriously, you need to chill out. Your score was solid.

However, I don't think you're completely happy with it, so you might as well go get registered and take it again in January, so you can show those math questions who's boss!:smuggrin:

Seriously, you need to chill out. Your score was solid.

However, I don't think you're completely happy with it, so you might as well go get registered and take it again in January, so you can show those math questions who's boss!:smuggrin:

Sorry guys, I'm just paranoid. It's hard seeing all these people posting 90 and above on their math. I won't post anymore stuff about it.

You guys better get your scores by Saturday. I'm sorry you have to wait. Otherwise, I hope they aren't lost.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, how many people do you think would be willing to show low scores? That sounds like a mean sarcastic question, isn't suppose to be ;). It's more fun to post good scores that bad. The only reason ppl post bad scores is to vent.

Well, how many people do you think would be willing to show low scores? That sounds like a mean sarcastic question, isn't suppose to be ;). It's more fun to post good scores that bad. The only reason ppl post bad scores is to vent.

haha...i posted my god awful scores from the test previous to the october 21st test.....lets wait and see hopefully ill get these freaking scores tomorrow....OR ELSE Harcourt....Im coming to get you.

I am prepared to post the worst score in the history of Pcat taking tommorow..if I ever get my test.

Me too! I got an 87 composite, but all my sections stunk except for reading comp, where I got a 99. I'm trying to figure out if I need to try again in January because the individual scores were all so low...:confused: Glad I'm not the only one confused!

Me too! I got an 87 composite, but all my sections stunk except for reading comp, where I got a 99. I'm trying to figure out if I need to try again in January because the individual scores were all so low...:confused: Glad I'm not the only one confused!

Yeah totally weird.. I got a 97 in reading comp, 86 in biology, 76 in verbal and my quant and chem.. well lets just not post those.. lol.. lets just say they were above a 50.. :rolleyes:

my composite score was an 84 though :confused:

Its ok though I'm done with the PCATS i don't even know why I took them, I only took them for midwestern (I'm applying to all CA schools, no PCAT needed) and I'm not even sure i'm applying since they are on rolling admissions and I'm going to turn it in so late and my PCAT scores aren't exactly awesome.. hmm

Here's the breakdown:

Verbal...............92
Chemistry..........76
Biology..............66
Reading.............62
Math.........................38
Writing..............4
COMPOSITE.......73

I have a science GPA of 3.0 and an overall GPA of 3.3

Do you guys think I should take the PCAT again due to my poor math showing? I only screwed up the math because I ran out of time. Math is normally my strong subject.

Oh, and I applied to 14 schools nationwide. My chances of getting into one of them have to be good right? I know my grades suck and the pcat score did as well, but does anyone think I should just give up? Feeling very bummed out right now.

Oh, and I applied to 14 schools nationwide. My chances of getting into one of them have to be good right? I know my grades suck and the pcat score did as well, but does anyone think I should just give up? Feeling very bummed out right now.

do u have any experience? if u feel unconfident, study harder and take the pcats again.

Your grades don't suck, they're just not as high as most of the crazy people on SDN. I would try to channel that energy into becoming more competitive and doing better with school and that exam.

I suggest taking the PCAT again, and working on the sections you didn't score well in, such as the math. You're score wasn't bad, but something above 80 would be much better. I bet you can do it.

So are these competitive?

Verbal 71%
Biology 92%
Reading Comp 62%
Quantitative Ability 87%
Chemistry 98%
Composite 92%
Writing: 3

I am new to this website as of today, and it was my first time taking the test, so I wasn't sure. I thought my verbal and reading might be a little low. My #1 school cares about chem and verbal the most.

I'm just being sarcastic, don't mind me. You're score is kick ass, anywhere you go. Don't worry. ;)

I found this site trying to make sense of my scores. It's still confusing why they do it the way they do.

Verbal 442 95%
Biology 480 99%
Reading 447 97%
Quantitative 453 97%
Chemistry 502 99%
Composite 465 99%

Writing Section 3

:luck: to everyone

I found this site trying to make sense of my scores. It's still confusing why they do it the way they do.

Verbal 442 95%
Biology 480 99%
Reading 447 97%
Quantitative 453 97%
Chemistry 502 99%
Composite 465 99%

Writing Section 3

:luck: to everyone

Here's an interpretation: You got the highest composite POSSIBLE!!!! Good job.

^ holy **** to that 99%

im in FL
Verbal 95% 442
Biology 71% 412
Reading Comp. 77% 418
Math 89% 430
Chemistry 93% 440
Writing 4
Composite 91% 428

:clap:

Thanks :oops: I really didn't feel prepared for the test and walked out of it pretty sure I blew the math. None of the math practice tests I took were as hard as the real thing. My chemistry score was even more of a suprise. . .it's been over 10 years since I took a chem class! I'm just glad it's over.