The Smartest Nation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grand

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What countries have the smartest people

Here is some data:

The chess players ranking
1 Russia
2Ukraine
3China
4Israel
5 Azerbaijan(!)
6 US
7Armenia(!)
8 Hungary
9France
10 India

The above sated countires have the best players. The population of Armenia is somewhere around 2 million, on the other hand India and China have 1 Billion each.

Here is data on international programming contest.

1) Saint Petersburg University of Infotmation Tech
2)Stanford
3)University Of Warsaw
4)Shanghai Jiao Tong U
5) Saint Petersburg state University
6)Waterloo
7)Caltech
8)WaUStLous

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What country are you from? Because you are certainly causing a decline in its collective intelligence.

OP is a hero, and a scholar.

After careful consideration, I would say Klingons, with all due respect to Captain Kirk. If you are talking about chess, I would say, Russia. Soccer, or Futbol, Brazil, of course. Cinema, probably France, with Sweden, a close second, given Ingmar Bergman. Sleezebag girl celebrities, the good old USA. Mountain climbing, Nepal, hands down. Brush painting, the classical Chinese. Tea ceremony, Japan, of course. Religion, a tie between the Jews, and India.
Happy people, the Polynesians. Painting and art, I would have to go with the Italians, with the Dutch a close second. Overall, great civilization, classical Greece. Greatest and most ruthless military civilization, well, Rome, of course. Best poets, Wales, Dylan Thomas, the best, the Irish a close second, Yeats. England, Shakespeare, for best literature overall.

the popularity of chess in those countries could also have something to do with this:idea:.

Same reason Scandinavia and Russia are good at hockey.

After careful consideration, I would say Klingons, with all due respect to Captain Kirk. If you are talking about chess, I would say, Russia. Soccer, or Futbol, Brazil, of course. Cinema, probably France, with Sweden, a close second, given Ingmar Bergman. Sleezebag girl celebrities, the good old USA. Mountain climbing, Nepal, hands down. Brush painting, the classical Chinese. Tea ceremony, Japan, of course. Religion, a tie between the Jews, and India.
Happy people, the Polynesians. Painting and art, I would have to go with the Italians, with the Dutch a close second. Overall, great civilization, classical Greek. Greatest and most ruthless military civilization, well, Rome, of course.

Sooo.... the Jews are a country?

Members don't see this ad :)
wut? I thought Babylonians were the smartest people. I mean, they get scientific and religious bonus at the beginning. :confused:

By that logic the fact that 90% of the NBA is black means that...
But in all seriousness I'd have to say Atlantians because they can build advanced technology that doesnt contribute to current environmental pollution.

Here is some data:

1 Russia
2Ukraine
3China
4Israel
5 Azerbaijan(!)
6 US
7Armenia(!)
8 Hungary
9France
10 India

The above sated countires have the best players. The population of Armenia is somewhere around 2 million, on the other hand India and China have 1 Billion each.

2)Stanford
3)University Of Warsaw
4)Shanghai Jiao Tong U
6)Waterloo
7)Caltech
8)WaUStLous

:mad:

talk about random posting...:sleep::sleep:

Lol whut.

IQ tests show that Jewish people have the highest IQ. I'm not Jewish though :(

Are you trying to top the OP? Let's not add to the nonsense.
It's true though. IQ is not an accurate measure of true intelligence (imo), but Jewish people have tested for the highest IQ. Asians come next. And no, I didn't learn that from a Jewish person. I learned this in my high school AP Psychology textbook.

It's true though. IQ is not an accurate measure of true intelligence (imo), but Jewish people have tested for the highest IQ. Asians come next. And no, I didn't learn that from a Jewish person. I learned this in my high school AP Psychology textbook.

and have all other nationalities been tested as well?

Asian countries largely >>>> america if ure talking about children.

TIMMS.

Here is some data:

1 Russia
2Ukraine
3China
4Israel
5 Azerbaijan(!)
6 US
7Armenia(!)
8 Hungary
9France
10 India

2)Stanford
3)University Of Warsaw
4)Shanghai Jiao Tong U
6)Waterloo
7)Caltech
8)WaUStLous

you would have to put Armenia higher then that considering they have won the last 2 chess Olympiads

You can't really assert something like this based on that data since chess/programming ability doesn't necessarily correlate intelligence... Maybe IQ, but even that may be questionable. There isn't really an "Olympics" for this, and even math/science ability doesn't necessarily mean intelligence...

This must be one of the most random posts haha. But anyways, GO St. Petersburg!!! because that's where I'm from :)

Well then... I would almostbecome a Jew. Sounds promising :D

Of course. If you convert you should plan to retake your MCAT because your score will now increase.

Who built the Stargates? My vote is for them being the smartest as they converted to pure energy.

It would be interesting to a see broad section of populations from each country. Unfortunately for those of us in the US we don't see a representative sample from other countries. We only see the cream of the billion person crop that is authorized to leave, admitted to the US for University etc. Did the same stereotype exist of Chinese when they were building railroads in the America's of the 1800's? In the end I think you'll see smart people come from every group and some cultures that push harder than others or value different pursuits. As a left hander I'm supposed to have some benefit but aside from a craving for popcorn I can't figure out what it is.

Here is some data:

1 Russia
2Ukraine
3China
4Israel
5 Azerbaijan(!)
6 US
7Armenia(!)
8 Hungary
9France
10 India

2)Stanford
3)University Of Warsaw
4)Shanghai Jiao Tong U
6)Waterloo
7)Caltech
8)WaUStLous

Those are just chess players, not the smartest people from each country. I'm a mother****in genius and I can't stand playing chess.

the smartest nation is South Africa, and The Iraq. but not the US Americans

because chess and programming are clearly excellent markers for national intelligence

"the smartest nation is South Africa, and The Iraq. but not the US Americans"

This. Haha.

You forgot "everywhere like such as" is smarter, too.

One of the most profound statements I've ever heard:

"Only idiots believe intelligence."

One of the most profound statements I've ever heard:

"Only idiots believe intelligence."

There's no such thing as intelligence? I don't get the profound statement.

There's no such thing as intelligence? I don't get the profound statement.

It's basically stating that only fools think cognition is objective and quantifiable. Intelligence is depicted as a linear spectrum, when it exists at a greater dimensionality than that.

I just agree with it, so I'm biased towards thinking it's more profound than it is.

Just sharing what I know. ;)

SC residents shouldn't be too upset; it's not like she was elected into office...although...if beauty queens ran the world i doubt it would be much better...

SC residents shouldn't be too upset; it's not like she was elected into office...although...if beauty queens ran the world i doubt it would be much better...

Yeah, SC has elected way bigger idiots into office. :laugh: :laugh: