You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Summer Before Medical School
Started by bakedbeans18
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope to travel
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Travel. Setting up a new apartment. And a healthy dose of Skyrim (I know; I'm late to the party).
moving and then starting school....we start in the summer
~7 weeks left of work, then bumming around doing nothing. I've got some books I want to get through, will prolly re-play the entire Secret of Monkey Island series, and cook and freeze a TON of meals so I have one less thing to worry about come August.
Edit - I'll be doing some shadowing too. A couple weeks with an FM doc, a neurologist and a state medical examiner.
Edit - I'll be doing some shadowing too. A couple weeks with an FM doc, a neurologist and a state medical examiner.
Last edited:
Playing League of Legends.
This game is the bane of my existence!!!!!!
This game is the bane of my existence!!!!!!
Nothing good ever comes from playing that game.
Nothing good ever comes from playing that game.
You mean to suggest that the one game I play to blow off steam/take a break from studying isn't a good idea? Why? Because, like stress cleaning, it turns into three matches- then four... and then it's time to wake up. But wait... I've been on a losing streak because top fed all four games. I just want one win. Just one. I can power study on the way to class.
How does that scenario sound bad, pray tell?
You mean to suggest that the one game I play to blow off steam/take a break from studying isn't a good idea? Why? Because, like stress cleaning, it turns into three matches- then four... and then it's time to wake up. But wait... I've been on a losing streak because top fed all four games. I just want one win. Just one. I can power study on the way to class.
How does that scenario sound bad, pray tell?
LOL, man, the memories this brings back. I stopped playing once I started school, it's just not worth it haha.
LOL, man, the memories this brings back. I stopped playing once I started school, it's just not worth it haha.
I need to take the advice of so many players and just uninstall.
I need to take the advice of so many players and just uninstall.
I never had a taste for the game but I still casually play Starcraft II. I guess not liking the game is the softer equivalent of disliking alcohol. A blessing in disguise.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Started playing Warlock 2, probably not the best idea right before residency.
Started playing Warlock 2, probably not the best idea right before residency.
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time in between brain surgeries.
/leaves quietly
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time in between brain surgeries.
/leaves quietly
After all, who cares about glioblatoma when you've got werewolves with top hats slaughtering your forces. Perspective is key.
Grilling is the best. Seriously, learn how to grill up some wicked meals this summer and you'll be thanking yourself in medical school. Much cheaper and quite delicious.video games, huh? i'm spending the summer at the beach and on the boat doing a whole lot of drinking and grilling with friends and checking out the hotties on the beach!! just straight up living it up and loving life this summer!!
Grilling is the best. Seriously, learn how to grill up some wicked meals this summer and you'll be thanking yourself in medical school. Much cheaper and quite delicious.
Actually tends to be more costly (propane and charcoal adds-up quickly) and a bit more time consuming. No argument on the deliciousness part though.
Hmm. I've been using a small small grill with a tiny propane tank and I've saved money in terms of what I would be spending on a gas/electric bill.Actually tends to be more costly (propane and charcoal adds-up quickly) and a bit more time consuming. No argument on the deliciousness part though.
I never had a taste for the game but I still casually play Starcraft II. I guess not liking the game is the softer equivalent of disliking alcohol. A blessing in disguise.
Well now that you mentioned alcohol I'm 0-2.
video games, huh? i'm spending the summer at the beach and on the boat doing a whole lot of drinking and grilling with friends and checking out the hotties on the beach!! just straight up living it up and loving life this summer!!
Got extra room on that boat? 🙂
I'm traveling in and out of the country and going to 2 music shows. Plus a few sports leagues and races. Otherwise just chillin'!!!
Got extra room on that boat? 🙂
I'm traveling in and out of the country and going to 2 music shows. Plus a few sports leagues and races. Otherwise just chillin'!!!
H*** YEAH!!
<3 Alcohol 😀
You and I both
Climbing ELO ladders and picking Yorick.
Lifting heavy things.
Spending time with the girlfriend, friends, and family.
Enjoying all the hiking and nature out here before I move.
How exactly does one climb Electric Light Orchestra?
How exactly does one climb Electric Light Orchestra?
Don't bring me downnnnn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see and like what you did there.
CS:GO
Travel
Roadtrip
Possible shadowing opportunities (never did any shadowing in HS or college >.>)
Chill with my homies
Lift and get stronk
Long summer. Should be nice and relaxing.
Travel
Roadtrip
Possible shadowing opportunities (never did any shadowing in HS or college >.>)
Chill with my homies
Lift and get stronk
Long summer. Should be nice and relaxing.
I'm tryna drop 30 lbs in the next 90 days. That's my pre-M1 summer goal 🙂 #doyouevenliftbro
Nothing related to school at all. I'll be playing with my daughter, deep cleaning my house, organizing my office ( threw out 99% of everything related to postbac coursework and MCAT studying), remembering what being outdoors feels like, going to the beach a few times. Doing my best to "stop and smell the roses" while I can.
Travel, drink, sleep, repeat
summer research rotations 🙁
but man you guys have so many exciting plans!! have fun
but man you guys have so many exciting plans!! have fun
You mean to suggest that the one game I play to blow off steam/take a break from studying isn't a good idea? Why? Because, like stress cleaning, it turns into three matches- then four... and then it's time to wake up. But wait... I've been on a losing streak because top fed all four games. I just want one win. Just one. I can power study on the way to class.
How does that scenario sound bad, pray tell?
Ugg I hate that game...but mostly cuz I suck hard at it haha. Maybe surgery isn't for me 😛. In the few gaming sessions I was in just cuz all my friends were into it I was always the one getting yelled at for feeding opponents like a midwestern farmer.
Grilling is the best. Seriously, learn how to grill up some wicked meals this summer and you'll be thanking yourself in medical school. Much cheaper and quite delicious.
Did the chicken catch on fire again? 😛
Going to Brazil for FIFA World Cup next month. Soccer, beaches, and Brazilian women. That's all I need to be set for the fall.
Isn't Brazil crazy unprepared for the world cup infrastructure wise?Going to Brazil for FIFA World Cup next month. Soccer, beaches, and Brazilian women. That's all I need to be set for the fall.
Thankfully no! I've actually learned to cook somewhatDid the chicken catch on fire again? 😛
Isn't Brazil crazy unprepared for the world cup infrastructure wise?
They're definitely behind on constructing a few stadiums to date, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. There's also a possibility of protesting by Brazilian citizens which may put a damper on the games, but I still expect an amazing experience overall.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
keep working to save up some cash, hit the gym a lot, go out with friends, generally chill out and enjoy the summer.
Oh and finding an apartment. It would help a lot to know where I'm going first... (C'mon may 15!!!)
Oh and finding an apartment. It would help a lot to know where I'm going first... (C'mon may 15!!!)
Yeah. They outlawed subnational government borrowing so the federal government has to take on all the debt financing of new infrastructure, which is causing a problem for obvious reasons leading back to concepts of benefit taxation vs. general taxation. It's a surprise because no one thought Brazil's policies of trying to get themselves out of a serial default cycle could lead them into big **** like this. (Don't forget the 2016 Olympics lol)Isn't Brazil crazy unprepared for the world cup infrastructure wise?
Good lesson for developing and developed countries that letting state and local governments be able to leverage finances is of utmost importance.
Heading to Puerto Rico in 9 days =D
andddddd I wanted to finish the entire ER series (15 seasons) by the time I leave (end of July)...I ended up finishing two weeks ago......15 seasons in 4 months lol
OMG thats sooo many seasons. Speaking of television check out "A Young Doctor's Notebook". Its only 4 30min epsiodes so it will go fast but its amazing. Stars Daniel Radcliff (harry potter) and John Hamm (mad men) and is a dark comedy about pre-revolution Russian rural medicine. I really connected with Radcliff's character which I think is a bad thing seeing that its a dark comedy about medicine.
Whatever you do, DO NOT download Hobbit KOM!
I'm very important. I have many leather bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany...
I'm very important. I have many leather bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 5K