The university of kansas 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lm10bcn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm just wondering if any of you has heard back from KU school of pharmacy? I had my interview on 02/08 and am still waiting!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I'm just wondering if any of you has heard back from KU school of pharmacy? I had my interview on 02/08 and am still waiting!!

I know someone that received their acceptance letter today in the mail. She interviewed last Thursday and is a KU student. KU waited til April to send out letters last year so I guess they're switching things up!

I know someone that received their acceptance letter today in the mail. She interviewed last Thursday and is a KU student. KU waited til April to send out letters last year so I guess they're switching things up!
Wow!! that's really fast!! I interviewed on the 8th (was the first interview this year) and they told me that I should hear by next week or the week after.!! well good for her

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied a little late.. the beginning of January.. Haven't received an invitation to interview yet :sorry: seems that they are accepting earlier than normal this year!

I interviewed on 2/20 and got my letter of acceptance in the mail on 2/27.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you received it by regular mail or e-mail?

I received it by mail. They sent it to my mailing address, not my permanent address. It was dated for the 25th, but I didn't receive it till the 27th. My mailing address is in Oklahoma. Not sure if that info helps you :).

I applied late January but interviewed on 3/1.

Was told that they are doing more of a rolling admissions process this year so don't get too antsy if you haven't gotten an admission letter yet!

I received it on 03/01 but it was also dated on 02/25. Good luck to everybody

I received it by mail. They sent it to my mailing address, not my permanent address. It was dated for the 25th, but I didn't receive it till the 27th. My mailing address is in Oklahoma. Not sure if that info helps you :).
Thank you. It helped :) I mistakenly thought that they will e-mail it. One more question did you do your pre-req-s at KU?

Thank you. It helped :) I mistakenly thought that they will e-mail it. One more question did you do your pre-req-s at KU?

I did my pre-req's at Oklahoma State University where I obtained two Bachelor of Science degrees. I do have to take one pre-req (neither degree required me to have it) this summer at KU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! What's your gpa and pcat, and do you have pharmacy experience? I'm anxious and trying to figure out why I'm not receiving mine yet:-(
My GPA is 3.6
My PCAT composite is 40
Chemistry 98
Math 85
Biology 57
did bad on the verbal and the reading, but they only look at your chemistry, math and biology.
And yes I work in a retail pharmacy for a year and a half.
Did they interview you yet? and when did you apply? and where did you take your pre-reqs?

My GPA is 3.6
My PCAT composite is 40
Chemistry 98
Math 85
Biology 57
did bad on the verbal and the reading, but they only look at your chemistry, math and biology.
And yes I work in a retail pharmacy for a year and a half.
Did they interview you yet? and when did you apply? and where did you take your pre-reqs?
Same as you, JCCC. I applied mid November and had my interview on feb.8.
My gpa 3.8 and pcat 81 composite, with chem 99 and biology 89, math was 45, but that's because I didn't had any math courses for a long time( I told this on interview). But I don't have any experience:-(

Same as you, JCCC. I applied mid November and had my interview on feb.8.
My gpa 3.8 and pcat 81 composite, with chem 99 and biology 89, math was 45, but that's because I didn't had any math courses for a long time( I told this on interview). But I don't have any experience:-(
Your PCAT scores and GPA are perfect. I think you will get in. Try to call Gina King and hopefully she will let you know when should you hear back. Best of luck for you

I interviewed on February 27 and still haven't got a reply. All the students that I know that got into KU so far all chose Lawrence campus so maybe that is a factor; I chose Wichita. I also called earlier today and Gina said they were a little delayed because someone had to leave for a conference. They are meeting again this Wednesday however so let's cross our fingerssssss!

I interviewed on February 27 and still haven't got a reply. All the students that I know that got into KU so far all chose Lawrence campus so maybe that is a factor; I chose Wichita. I also called earlier today and Gina said they were a little delayed because someone had to leave for a conference. They are meeting again this Wednesday however so let's cross our fingerssssss!

I was told at the interview that campus choice doesn't play a factor in who gets accepted. When did the students you know interview? Maybe the interview date is a factor. Hopefully we will know soon after Wednesday.

I was told at the interview that campus choice doesn't play a factor in who gets accepted. When did the students you know interview? Maybe the interview date is a factor. Hopefully we will know soon after Wednesday.

Well I meant that maybe they're sending out invitations to Lawrence campus students first since there is more seats and then they'll figure out who goes to Wichita. Only speculation because as I've only seen Lawrence campus students accepted thus far. Most of them interviewed at the end of February. I know two students who interviewed with me who also haven't received a letter and they also chose Wichita campus. I've been so antsy because my interviewer told me 2 weeks and it's been 4 :(

I received an acceptance letter today!!!! Can't wait to join KU!!! So excited!!!!!

Congrats to everyone that has received their acceptance letters! If anyone is looking for a roommate or know of anyone needing a roommate, let me know!

Got my acceptance letter for Lawrence campus today!!! So excited!!! Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

Question to those who have received letters: does it explicitly state your campus destination? Or is there any reference to a campus designation being determined in the future?

Question to those who have received letters: does it explicitly state your campus destination? Or is there any reference to a campus designation being determined in the future?

Mine specifically said Lawrence Campus.

Good news!! Congratulations everybody!!

Anyone who put Wichita first hear anything yet? Or know of anyone who put Wichita first who has gotten in?

I interviewed on 2/20 and got my letter of acceptance in the mail on 2/27.

Congratulations on your acceptance! Just curious though, did you respond back to them with a thank you email or anything? I don't know what's accepatable lol

For anyone that's still waiting, my friend called last week and they said they were still conducting interviews and also two deans were in the hospital for health reasons so there was more of a delay. I have not heard of any Wichita campus acceptances yet and I put Wichita on my application too.

Congratulations on your acceptance! Just curious though, did you respond back to them with a thank you email or anything? I don't know what's accepatable lol

I had to respond back in writing that I have received the letter and whether I accepted/not accepted the offer. I thanked them in that letter when I accepted the offer. I also had to give them an address and email address on where they were to send information over the summer.

Hey Everyone! I was recently accepted into the class of 2018? Is anyone still looking for a roommate? I am moving from Colorado and am looking for a duplex or house with someone who doesn't mind dogs. Let me know!

For those still waiting on a letter, I emailed Gina King this morning, who stated "Letters went out in the mail this morning, so you will get yours soon." Hope there are still slots open, especially at Wichita.
Good luck, those still waiting.

For those who got accepted and applied for FAFSA. Are you guys considered as undergraduate???Because my status still undergraduate and I believe that will decrease the amount of the fund that you are given!!!

I have the same situation going on and I spoke with someone in the financial aid office who helped sort things out. Once you are matriculated and considered a student in the School of Pharmacy, your status should read professional school and that will alter the amount of aid you can receive. I was told to check back in June and July to make sure everything is going smoothly. You accept the loan as it is currently, reading undergraduate, but the amount will change once you are an actual student.

Just an FYI, you will pay a higher interest rate on your loans once considered a professional student. I believe it is something around 5.41-6.80% for professional/graduate students and 3.8% (up to 6.80% for unsubsidized) for undergraduates.

I enrolled in pharmacy classes Sunday and was still considered an undergraduate.

I have the same situation going on and I spoke with someone in the financial aid office who helped sort things out. Once you are matriculated and considered a student in the School of Pharmacy, your status should read professional school and that will alter the amount of aid you can receive. I was told to check back in June and July to make sure everything is going smoothly. You accept the loan as it is currently, reading undergraduate, but the amount will change once you are an actual student.
OK. So in this case do I need to get an additional loan? Or will the FAFSA take care of everything after being considered as an "actual student"?

It depends on if you've completed enough hours in your undergraduate program to now be considered a graduate student. I received a Bachelor's degree and have approximately 136 credit hours already completed, which were like four over the needed amount to qualify, according to the financial aid office. I don't know how much aid you would be given if you were still classified as an undergraduate student. The financial aid office really helped answer my questions so if you explained your situation to them I'm sure they can be of more assistance!