The University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to eveyone who has chosen to become part of Rochester's class of 2009! I'm a current student at U of R and I think you'll love it here. If any of you have any questions about the area, feel free to ask. You'll soon be hearing from us regarding the Big sib/Little sib program but until then, relax and enjoy the rest of your summer. You earned it. Take care.

-Justin

Members don't see this ad.

ZekeMD said:
Congrats to eveyone who has chosen to become part of Rochester's class of 2009! I'm a current student at U of R and I think you'll love it here. If any of you have any questions about the area, feel free to ask. You'll soon be hearing from us regarding the Big sib/Little sib program but until then, relax and enjoy the rest of your summer. You earned it. Take care.

-Justin

Hey Justin, I am coming to Rochester for school and I am really excited!! Do you have any recommendations for living areas? I did my 4 years of undergrad at Rochester and have lived off-campus, but at that time I had 3 roomates, making it easier to find decent housing. Do you know anything about the "white coat ghetto?" How do people like/dislike it? I will probably have many more questions so until then thanks ;) .

Rzarecta said:
Hey Justin, I am coming to Rochester for school and I am really excited!! Do you have any recommendations for living areas? I did my 4 years of undergrad at Rochester and have lived off-campus, but at that time I had 3 roomates, making it easier to find decent housing. Do you know anything about the "white coat ghetto?" How do people like/dislike it? I will probably have many more questions so until then thanks ;) .

Hey Rzarecta,

I lived in the white coat ghetto from June until February. I loved living there since it is so close to school. We were forced to move because the house was poorly insulated and our utility bills became ridiculous. There are some singles in the white coat ghetto, but most at most places you'll need to have roommates. As far as roommates go, I know there are many current medical students looking for roommates. That would be your best bet. Or possibly another incoming first year. If you need to find a roommate, probably emailing gracie from admissions would be the best way. I'm not sure of her email address, but if you can't find it, I'll look it up for you. My roommate and I are now living in University Park which has many advantages. It is CHEAP! With a roommate, I only pay $320 and that includes all utilities. You can get a single here or in any other university housing. That makes it more expensive, but it can be done. Well, I hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

Justin