The US has agreed to lift Horse Slaughter Ban and PETA and KITTENS!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

No Imagination

I
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yup, in response to the growing number of complaints and suffering of animals, a bill has been posted that will lift the Horse Slaughter Ban in the US. In addition, the companies that have been put out will be financially compensated for their loss if they agree to reopen their doors. The USDA has agreed to provide oversight, and the Beef and Cattle Industy of America is going to lend individuals and organizations the use of their slaughter plants until new infrastructure can be put in place.

In light of a recent report that PETA has not been living up to its own mission statement as a haven for abused animals (PETA has been accused of putting +60% of their adoptable animals to sleep), the US government and IRS have decided to withdraw PETA's "Not for Profit" eligibility. With April 15 looming, it is believed to be PETA's last 2 weeks in operation.

A senior government official was seen looking at HSUS menacingly and overheard telling them to "Shape up, or your next".

The Obama administration has agreed that due to a national shortage of vets, that all vets, following 5 years of working in the US will have all their US backed loans forgiven.

Masturbation no longer kills kittens…

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What a beautiful imaginary world you have painted. Although the last one took me by surprise. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
By far my favorite internet day of the year - East coast waits for no one!

It's like New Year's Eve all over again. Nobody is excited for it by the time it's midnight out here. Just like...yay....whatever.

It's like New Year's Eve all over again. Nobody is excited for it by the time it's midnight out here. Just like...yay....whatever.

:laugh: Never thought of that!

In completely unrelated news, Google has a new, um, interesting addition today: http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/cadie/index.html

Not quite as good as the one where they said you could get free internet by installing fiber optic cables through your toilets, but still entertaining.

ROFL - CADIES homepage is amazing! Im thinking this is the cute and cuddly version of SKYNET we've all been waiting for!

ROFL - CADIES homepage is amazing! Im thinking this is the cute and cuddly version of SKYNET we've all been waiting for!

My favorite part is the "Technical Specifications" page where they talk about testing her.

On January 12th 2009, the STT run (Standard Turing Test) confirmed behavior indistinguishable from that of a reasonable human being with above-average intelligence and 3.8 GPA (we're still struggling to understand that missing .2; we suspect it points to fundamental flaws in the GPA system rather than CADIE. It's also worth noting that CADIE was never shown any textbooks and reading material for the classes; she was only administered the exams. In fact, during the first morning of testing she pointed out several important theoretical flaws in particle physics and cosmology. On several occasions she asked us whether we were really sure we wanted to do this; it is unclear what exactly she meant by these questions, or even by the word 'this.')

Yup, in response to the growing number of complaints and suffering of animals, a bill has been posted that will lift the Horse Slaughter Ban in the US. In addition, the companies that have been put out will be financially compensated for their loss if they agree to reopen their doors. The USDA has agreed to provide oversight, and the Beef and Cattle Industy of America is going to lend individuals and organizations the use of their slaughter plants until new infrastructure can be put in place.

In light of a recent report that PETA has not been living up to its own mission statement as a haven for abused animals (PETA has been accused of putting +60% of their adoptable animals to sleep), the US government and IRS have decided to withdraw PETA’s “Not for Profit” eligibility. With April 15 looming, it is believed to be PETA’s last 2 weeks in operation.

A senior government official was seen looking at HSUS menacingly and overheard telling them to “Shape up, or your next”.

The Obama administration has agreed that due to a national shortage of vets, that all vets, following 5 years of working in the US will have all their US backed loans forgiven.

Masturbation no longer kills kittens…

Ok. I am not sure if I am being gulible or inept. [It is early, so both are viable options.] Is this real? If so, why can't I find any reference articles?

I do not get the kitten bit at all which makes me question the entire validity. If this is not a joke that I do not get, will someone point to the supporting articles or documentation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Darn I wish the first posting was true. Sad but true I actually started to believe it and get excited, until I realized what day it was! Not that I was all that concerned about the last part, kittens were never my real worry but...:p

I have been studying for this blasted neuroanatomy test for far too long. 26 hours to go, crunch time!

LoL - Is not even noon yet, and this day is so far better then Christmas and New Years (except for one New Years about 7 years ago ;) ) put together.

I went ahead and changed my Facebook Status to "Single" (in a 3 year great relationship), and changed my mood to "... Has decided that Vet School really wasn't for me".

Got angry phone calls from mom, a friend, and old boss all before 8 am. :D

Mom told me straight out that she (GF) is way out of my league, and if I don't patch things up with her, she and not me would be invited over for Christmas next year! Haa - Screw Christmas, I have 4/1

kitty3.jpg

I think I first saw that picture over a decade ago...wow...

Darn it, I read this and got so excited!
The sad thing is, I totally wouldn't have guessed it was a prank if someone hadn't mentioned it. Then again, I was also horrified when I heard they took "gullible" out of the dictionary.

My vet school class is fairly light-hearted...for April Fools last year we organized a prank beforehand on our favorite teacher. Our class is divided up into 4 lab groups (A, B, C & D) so at 9:20 group A "fell asleep" at their desks...9:21 group B...9:23 group C...9:24 group D. It took the prof until about 9:23 to realize that something was up - 3/4 of the class had their heads on their desks!!! She was like "Man, you guys are really wiped today!" GREAT fun. She was a good sport about it all and we all got a great laugh. I was really disappointed that no one organized anything this year...

So now that you all have an idea for next 4/1 and your vet school class... :)

I went ahead and changed my Facebook Status to "Single" (in a 3 year great relationship),

Very solid. Im definitely going to try and remember that one for next year. Oh the hilarity that will ensue. I can't believe I have to wait an entire year now.

LoL - Is not even noon yet, and this day is so far better then Christmas and New Years (except for one New Years about 7 years ago ;) ) put together.

I went ahead and changed my Facebook Status to "Single" (in a 3 year great relationship), and changed my mood to "... Has decided that Vet School really wasn't for me".

Mom told me straight out that she (GF) is way out of my league, and if I don't patch things up with her, she and not me would be invited over for Christmas next year! Haa - Screw Christmas, I have 4/1

OMG No Imagination you get the April Fool's Day Prize!!!!!
That is hilarious. I always totally forget about April Fool's and then can never think of anything funny to do-- you hit the nail on the head!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I do kinda hope the girlfriend was in on it, but maybe that's just me.

(Of course, presumably the GF you're with gets your sense of humor and it's part of why she digs you...)

Ok, so i read this post just after it was posted and even got Nyanko's New Year's Eve thing (being a PST girl myself), but i still was NOT GETTING IT! First 4 posts made zero sense to me and i was just hoping it would eventually sink in.

thank goodness i'm not losing all of my marbles yet! Crazy pranksters, you....:hardy:

Ok, so i read this post just after it was posted and even got Nyanko's New Year's Eve thing (being a PST girl myself), but i still was NOT GETTING IT! First 4 posts made zero sense to me and i was just hoping it would eventually sink in.

thank goodness i'm not losing all of my marbles yet! Crazy pranksters, you....:hardy:

:laugh: Ahh, all the Halmarks of a good prank

I do kinda hope the girlfriend was in on it, but maybe that's just me.

(Of course, presumably the GF you're with gets your sense of humor and it's part of why she digs you...)

Yeah, I debated if I should let my g/f in on it or not. She's a bit stressed with med school (currently working on one organ system of one species... huhh, not sure whats the problem), but decided it would be best not to stress her out, so I told her.

That said, apparently I have to "re-woo" her before she accepts the change back on Face Book (to in a relationship). Re-woo'ing is going to require me baking a cake as well as fixing stuff. Funny thing, I don't remember woo'ing her in the first place.

So yeah, she gets my sense of humor, and can dish it out just as well as she can take it.