DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
So I'm just checking my emails like crazy and this waiting game is the worst. Figured many of you are in the same boat. Let's use this as a general chat thread for talking about schools and whatnot so we don't clutter other threads.

First thing I do when I open my eyes in the morning is check my email. I then proceed to check it again 10 mins later. This habit is not healthy. haha

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
Do you have anything that could distract you?

I'm not even thinking about admissions anymore- I'm just focusing on my exercise, my work, enjoying my summer, playing video games, and looking ahead to the Fall's classes.

If interviews come, then great. I'll book them and sort it out within 15 mins, but then it's back to business as usual.

Polkadotfan

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I check mine in the morning and a few times throughout the day...
But I got a new video game (anyone also love indie games like Rimworld or the Forest?)...so between that and trying to get my house super clean before Fall semester I've been busy!
Busy being lazy that is :headphone:

Reactions: DC206R and Incis0r
OP
DC206R

DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
You should hit the weight room, it'll help.
Yeah, I need to get a LA membership. Used to go for free at the school's gym but can't go for free anymore as alumni.

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I only check constantly when I'm at work (8-4pm), since there's not much work to be done anyways. When I get home though, or on the weekends I don't check at all unless I get a notification.

Just set a limit to the number of times you check, or stop checking for a few days and you'll forget.

DrLTD

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Haha! We are all in this together it seems! I've got some supplementals to do so it passes the time. From what I hear though, it's all about to blow up in the middle of this month! Fingers crossed for everyone!

JLT223

Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Do you have anything that could distract you?

I'm not even thinking about admissions anymore- I'm just focusing on my exercise, my work, enjoying my summer, playing video games, and looking ahead to the Fall's classes.

If interviews come, then great. I'll book them and sort it out within 15 mins, but then it's back to business as usual.
This is the mindset you need to have.

htdt

5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2012
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I only check constantly when I'm at work (8-4pm), since there's not much work to be done anyways. When I get home though, or on the weekends I don't check at all unless I get a notification.

Just set a limit to the number of times you check, or stop checking for a few days and you'll forget.
Very good advice! I work an 8-4 job that is pretty chill, so during my downtime I constantly refresh my email and going on SDN. As I graduated from college, my goal is to read more books that are not textbooks for classes. This weekend: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child!

cavs

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
On the AADSAS application, what does decision date mean under school decisions? Is that when the school updated the status? And which is further along in the process: "under review" or "application complete"?

Reactions: x0jessmariex3

Polkadotfan

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Very good advice! I work an 8-4 job that is pretty chill, so during my downtime I constantly refresh my email and going on SDN. As I graduated from college, my goal is to read more books that are not textbooks for classes. This weekend: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child!
I just re-started the series. Finished Book 1.
I'm reading the Hot Zone and Game of Thrones 1 and The Disappearing Spoon. Trying to get some books done before classes start up again!

Reactions: htdt

htdt

5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2012
Status
It's hard to believe it's been 9 years since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I still remember vividly being an 8th grader when that book came out, and here I am, already graduated from college, applying to dental schools... Sorry if this is off-topic, just my thoughts as I am being bored at work...

Reactions: DrLTD

gangazi

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
are we supposed to reply back when they send us the status update e-mails?

OP
DC206R

DC206R

5+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status
Dental Student
I don't think so unless they are asking for something.

Sean08

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2016
Winterfell
Status
Dental Student
This application cycle is way too long to be checking emails every 10 min lol. Like the others say, try to distract yourself. I cant wait to see Suicide Squad!!

I only check my email when my phone rings from a new email. I have to admit though, my heart rate shoots thru the roof every time I hear that phone ring lol

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
This application cycle is way too long to be checking emails every 10 min lol. Like the others say, try to distract yourself. I cant wait to see Suicide Squad!!

I only check my email when my phone rings from a new email. I have to admit though, my heart rate shoots thru the roof every time I hear that phone ring lol
YOU JUST REMINDED ME I FORGOT ABOUT MY TICKETS TO SUICIDE SQUAD FOR AN HOUR AGO :eek::eek:

htdt

5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2012
Status
Did anyone see the new Bourne movie? I kind of want to go tonight...

Jun 29, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
He is already at the "weight" room!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA:laugh: Sorry, I had to jump in on that!!

Reactions: DC206R

DentSwag

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Tbh, Suicide Squad wasn't groundbreaking or anything, but it was fun.

gangazi

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
"Lights Out" was pretty fire too :)

Polkadotfan

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Dang. I was excited for Suicide Squad.
Oh well.
Watching Marco Polo and Penny Dreadful here!
Strangers things for later..It seemed scary :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: DrLTD

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Dang. I was excited for Suicide Squad.
Oh well.
Watching Marco Polo and Penny Dreadful here!
Strangers things for later..It seemed scary :nailbiting::nailbiting:
+1 for Marco polo! Every time I eat too much I feel like kublai khan

Polkadotfan

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Realized I forgot some supplementary material and fees..:unsure:

But on the bright side got some new books to read at Hastings! Not sure if anyone lives near one. Sad they are going out of business but I love books.
Anyone reading anything good they want to recommend? Need to get my mind off of my lateness at applications :rofl:

Reactions: DC206R

LVKE

2+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2015
Indiana
Status
Pre-Dental, Dental Student

Worth the $8, do go see it. and whoever is responsible for the shady reviews is lying lol, I thought it was fantastic. And yeah, checking emails is annoying.. I hate the ADEA emails that I get because they are worthless but get me all hyped up. Still waiting for my first interview

LVKE

2+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2015
Indiana
Status
I actually just finished Thrones, now I'm all caught up. I've decided to rewatch Lost again :eek:

LVKE

2+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2015
Indiana
Status
Did anyone see the new Bourne movie? I kind of want to go tonight...
Going to see this in approximately 5 hours, I've heard it's a good movie but not better than the originals which is reasonable and makes me think it's worth the matinee viewing.

BTR1208

7+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Going to see this in approximately 5 hours, I've heard it's a good movie but not better than the originals which is reasonable and makes me think it's worth the matinee viewing.
Suicide squad bro... Saw it Friday. Amazing. Not heard good things about the new Bourne unfortunately.

Reactions: DentSwag
Dec 11, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Realized I forgot some supplementary material and fees..:unsure:

But on the bright side got some new books to read at Hastings! Not sure if anyone lives near one. Sad they are going out of business but I love books.
Anyone reading anything good they want to recommend? Need to get my mind off of my lateness at applications :rofl:
Read The Name of the Wind! By far my favorite book ever. If you have any interest in fantasy whatsoever then it is a must. My other favorite book ever (not fantasy) is called When Crickets Cry. Also a must if you have interest in the health related fields.

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Read The Name of the Wind! By far my favorite book ever. If you have any interest in fantasy whatsoever then it is a must. My other favorite book ever (not fantasy) is called When Crickets Cry. Also a must if you have interest in the health related fields.
When Crickets Cry was great, that and The Emperor Of All Maladies

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Emperor Of All Maladies is great. Mukherjee's new book Gene is also supposed to be good. I will probably swing by Barnes soon and pick it up.
I didn't know he wrote a new book!! That gets me excited

BTR1208

7+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
I liked Suicide, but it made me feel mostly like I wanted a stand alone Harley film :p
Haha same! ;)

My fiancée looks like Margot Robbie who played her so will make a cool Halloween costume this year.

DentSwag

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Haha same! ;)

My fiancée looks like Margot Robbie who played her so will make a cool Halloween costume this year.
That will be awesome! I was really impressed with Robbie in the film. She was the best part of every scene in which she was involved.

BTR1208

7+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
That will be awesome! I was really impressed with Robbie in the film. She was the best part of every scene in which she was involved.
She made the movie for sure... Girl can act!!

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Nope :(. The waiting is so painful. Need something better to do with my life than constantly wait for new notifications...