The Wait Room

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel physically sick and depressed from waiting this long. I'm watching SDNers get invites to interviews from schools I applied to. I haven't heard a peep from a single school since my applications were completed. Anyone else having trouble with feeling, well, devastated?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel physically sick and depressed from waiting this long. I'm watching SDNers get invites to interviews from schools I applied to. I haven't heard a peep from a single school since my applications were completed. Anyone else having trouble with feeling, well, devastated?

This is my first cycle but imo don't worry about interviews yet fam! Literally most students are submitting their apps this month right? SDN is a very small sample size and I think it's reasonable to say that 80% of applicants haven't received their interview invites yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Distracted, yeah. Devastated, not currently. Maybe on Dec 1 and I still don't have any interviews. Gotta keep busy.

Members don't see this ad :)

When did you submit your application?

Guys... relax. You can't change anything about it right now. Go outside and enjoy your summer instead of freaking out! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I've been waiting that long for my instate.
Don't worry. Cant change anything. Go see a movie...
I picked up doing those metal or paper model kits. Pretty fun to do while I watch TV!

I've been waiting that long for my instate.
Don't worry. Cant change anything. Go see a movie...
I picked up doing those metal or paper model kits. Pretty fun to do while I watch TV!

Jigsaw puzzles here! I need friends...

Relevant, there's an app called Atom that gives you a free movie ticket of any value!

Jigsaw puzzles here! I need friends...

Relevant, there's an app called Atom that gives you a free movie ticket of any value!
I need to look at that app...
and I love puzzles! I do them all the time but my house is horribly messy and I wanted something small to work on.
Nothing wrong with them I feel :unsure: But I'm lonely and REALLY trying hard to keep my mind off of these apps.

doesnt video game develop your ambidexterity and teamwork?

Members don't see this ad :)
doesnt video game develop your ambidexterity and teamwork?

Teamwork, I don't think they'll understand that. Dexterity skills? Absolutely. I put it on my application for sure. It's a hobby you enjoy doing that utilizes your hands so that's why I put video games, I think the teamwork part is a stretch (although I know what you're getting at).

Hah! Possibly. I wouldn't put that on your application though ;)

The dexterity part absolutely counts, I think it's a unique hand skill not everyone would think of.

I got 3 interviews and my last LOR came in on 8/1, but I'm starting to get anxious since it's been a while since my last invitation

The dexterity part absolutely counts, I think it's a unique hand skill not everyone would think of.
I agree that it gives you dexterity, but I think it's a risky thing to include on your app. Some of the older adcoms may view it as childish. It sounds like it worked out for you, but I didn't include it on mine for this reason.

*Edit: spelling

Question, when viewing the list of schools and their supplementals, have I already paid application fees? For example harvard says to pay via check. Haven't I already paid online when I submitted AADSAS?
Nope, you pay for the supplementals independently :/. I believe it's like this -
The fees you paid on AADSAS was for your applications to get sent to the schools. The supplemental fees are then the schools charging you to review your application

Nope, you pay for the supplementals independently :/. I believe it's like this -
The fees you paid on AADSAS was for your applications to get sent to the schools. The supplemental fees are then the schools charging you to review your application
Ah ok so take a look at whats on that supplemental page independent of what I have done from AADSAS?

It's a real gut punch to come up with more money after paying to send it to x schools...:(

I won't start freaking out till November. If with my stats I don't get a single interview I must've bombed my PS lol.

Reactions: 4 users
Random but for the guys that are dental assistants on here, you guys ever get asked if you're a dentist? I swear it happens to me every other day. While it's kind of cool to get asked that, it sucks that I have to reply with " Oh no, doctor will be with you shortly." One day....

I won't start freaking out till November. If with my stats I don't get a single interview I must've bombed my PS lol.
That's what I'm feeling lol. Or spelled my name wrong everywhere :shrug:

Random but for the guys that are dental assistants on here, you guys ever get asked if you're a dentist? I swear it happens to me every other day. While it's kind of cool to get asked that, it sucks that I have to reply with " Oh no, doctor will be with you shortly." One day....
Not a real dental assistant but volunteer and I get this. Makes me a little sad when I say "Maybe one day" :whistle:

I worked as an assistant this summer and would get this almost every day. It got old real fast telling them no, but hopefully here soon we won't have to give that answer again lol

Hey team,

I don't know if it's just me, but not all of my few friends are pre-dental students. I was thinking about how a lot of you are awesome people and I'd love to hang with you.

Since we can't hang because many of us are from different states and such, I feel like a casual group chat would be fun. No pre-dental questions, just memes, dental puns, and well-wishers for interviews. Does that sound like a good idea? I can make the chat and invite everyone!

I'm down.

Hey team,

I don't know if it's just me, but not all of my few friends are pre-dental students. I was thinking about how a lot of you are awesome people and I'd love to hang with you.

Since we can't hang because many of us are from different states and such, I feel like a casual group chat would be fun. No pre-dental questions, just memes, dental puns, and well-wishers for interviews. Does that sound like a good idea? I can make the chat and invite everyone!

I'm down.
Check my signature
Teamwork, I don't think they'll understand that. Dexterity skills? Absolutely. I put it on my application for sure. It's a hobby you enjoy doing that utilizes your hands so that's why I put video games, I think the teamwork part is a stretch (although I know what you're getting at).

Cant wait to put "clan leader" for Halo 5 as a leadership position when they ask if anything changed since submitting

I almost asked to be invited to that earlier but I thought it was for dat help? I was thinking a group for just chilling :)

As a night shifter.....I feel like the batman lurker of these forums

I need everyone to get more interview invites so I have exciting things to read at night!

Reactions: 2 users
Haha happens to me all the time and I reply with "sorry, no, I'm just the dental assistant" but I've received some cheerful responses such as, "you're not JUST an assistant you're an integral part of the team". So that was nice to hear but cmon dental schools really need to send out some interview invites my way.

And on the other hand, the female dentists I know always have people asking/assuming they are the hygienist :meh:

I can see how that happens but every place I shadowed with a female dentist, they tend to introduce themselves as "Dr.blahblah" right away so it's clear.

And on the other hand, the female dentists I know always have people asking/assuming they are the hygienist :meh:
haha absolutely this. And for the female predent everyone asking "oh so you're applying to DS to be a hygienist?" Also when I was assisting had a patient come in and want to know my dentist's gender prior to being seated because they refused to be seen by a particular gender. Some people are so lovely :)

haha absolutely this. And for the female predent everyone asking "oh so you're applying to DS to be a hygienist?" Also when I was assisting had a patient come in and want to know my dentist's gender prior to being seated because they refused to be seen by a particular gender. Some people are so lovely :)

They sure are. Some people are quite nice and appreciative. Others are extremely picky and difficult to work with. Especially the jumpy ones that flinch to slightest hint of pressure.

It seems 2 schools have already been knocked off my list. Bye bye Roseman.. I'm not retaking my DAT for you...

It seems 2 schools have already been knocked off my list. Bye bye Roseman.. I'm not retaking my DAT for you...
Aww sorry. Saw the thread. That sucks. At least you'll probably have other interviews come pouring in soon!!

OMFG MY COMMITTEE LETTER JUST GOT SUBMITTED!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: 6 users