The waiting is the hardest part...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemphd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With AMCAS being released this week, I'm wondering- does anyone have good strategies to avoid stressing out too much during all this waiting? I suppose there's always burying oneself in one's work:p Should I take up a new hobby?

Chem

Members don't see this ad.

I know waiting is hard :thumbdown: but believe me, it only gets worse. When will I hear from a school, will I be accepted, how will I do on this test?

What helps me is to keep as busy as possible but even then, I worry about thigns I have no control over.

When I start obsessing :eek: , I force myself to decide on a plan of action and implement it at the appropriate time. Before I implement it, I stop thinking about it.

It is easier said than done, but has helped me keep my sanity................ well maybe :laugh:

Try golf...It's one of those activities that type A personalities like pre-meds usually start, want to master and can't, but get addicted to trying and then you have a whole new place to direct your stress.
It really is a good way to clear your mind for a few hours, it gets you outdoors and most likely in the company of friends.

Right now the wait is killing you, but the wait just never ends. After you apply you will be waiting to hear if you get in. When you get in, you have to wait to start.

Just sit back and relax.