Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

The Want-To-Go-Back Urges

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Compass, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Compass

Compass Squishy
    Moderator Emeritus

Anyone getting the urge to want to go back to college? I'm feeling like I just want to go to college to have fun and relax (my parents want me to study MCATs all day, and I don't know half the material yet.)

Anyone else have this feeling? College really is great. I used to miss summer when it ended. Now, I want it to end so I can go back to my carefree lifestyle.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist
    Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I haven't been in classes since April 2005. If I don't get pulled off a waitlist this year, I'll be taking 2 evening classes this fall just to keep my study skills up...

4. jackieMD2007

jackieMD2007 ***MVI***

Resident [Any Field]
    Hell yeah. Transport me from my cubicle back to college. Ah, college. A world where I didn't have to deal with bosses. A world where I had my lunch whenever I wanted. A world where I had no money. Yeah, that no money thing wasn't so good.

:laugh:

5. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    Remember the first day of arriving at college for orientation. Man, those days had a certain zing to it, im sure i will never be able to relive. And also, i think AMCAS was the furthest thing from my mind. :)

6. Looque

Looque Bob Loblaw

Medical Student
    I can't decide if I'm looking forward to going back this fall or not. It'll be my 9th and final semester (entirely unrelated majors that add up to around 160 credits when gen eds are included), and probably 90% of my friends graduated in May. The college dynamic will have suffered immensely.

Optimistically, I'll get a bunch of interviews to keep me occupied and prevent boredom.

7. mvenus929

Physician

Attending Physician
    I wanna go back just so I'm not bored out of my mind anymore. It really sucks having to stay at your grandparents' house all summer, and not having a car cause it decided to break right after you got here.

8. NonTradMed

NonTradMed Perpetual Student

Medical Student
    I loved college, but it was a wasn't without it's stresses. One thing I loved about my job was that once I was out, I was pretty much out. I had evenings and weekends free to do what I want. But college I had friends and alot more flexibility. I also could pick stuff I wanted to do, rather than what my bosses want me to do.

9. bretticus

bretticus Neuroradiology fellow

Resident [Any Field]
    I also miss college due to the friends. I'm back home in my tiny town, and there's nothing to do and no one to do nothing with :(

10. Hednej

Hednej ***** Level 60

Medical Student
    College rocks. I'm sure I'll miss it in med school. But everyone's gotta grow up some time and go into the real world, right?

11. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I had to live at home all through college, so I'm excited to finally move out to another state for grad school. Grad school will be my college experience, except I'll have to bust my ass in an SMP.

12. EBI831

EBI831 legend in the making

Medical Student
    jackie, who's the new avatar? someone famous? no more rosie the rivetter?