Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Anyone getting the urge to want to go back to college? I'm feeling like I just want to go to college to have fun and relax (my parents want me to study MCATs all day, and I don't know half the material yet.)

Anyone else have this feeling? College really is great. I used to miss summer when it ended. Now, I want it to end so I can go back to my carefree lifestyle.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hell yeah. Transport me from my cubicle back to college. Ah, college. A world where I didn't have to deal with bosses. A world where I had my lunch whenever I wanted. A world where I had no money. Yeah, that no money thing wasn't so good.

:laugh:

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
Remember the first day of arriving at college for orientation. Man, those days had a certain zing to it, im sure i will never be able to relive. And also, i think AMCAS was the furthest thing from my mind. :)

Looque

Bob Loblaw
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
Hyde Park, Chicago
Status
Medical Student
I can't decide if I'm looking forward to going back this fall or not. It'll be my 9th and final semester (entirely unrelated majors that add up to around 160 credits when gen eds are included), and probably 90% of my friends graduated in May. The college dynamic will have suffered immensely.

Optimistically, I'll get a bunch of interviews to keep me occupied and prevent boredom.

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I wanna go back just so I'm not bored out of my mind anymore. It really sucks having to stay at your grandparents' house all summer, and not having a car cause it decided to break right after you got here.

NonTradMed

Perpetual Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2004
Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I loved college, but it was a wasn't without it's stresses. One thing I loved about my job was that once I was out, I was pretty much out. I had evenings and weekends free to do what I want. But college I had friends and alot more flexibility. I also could pick stuff I wanted to do, rather than what my bosses want me to do.

bretticus

NeuroIR fellow
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Missouri
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I also miss college due to the friends. I'm back home in my tiny town, and there's nothing to do and no one to do nothing with :(

Hednej

***** Level 60
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status
Medical Student
College rocks. I'm sure I'll miss it in med school. But everyone's gotta grow up some time and go into the real world, right?

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I had to live at home all through college, so I'm excited to finally move out to another state for grad school. Grad school will be my college experience, except I'll have to bust my ass in an SMP.

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status
Medical Student
jackie, who's the new avatar? someone famous? no more rosie the rivetter?