You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The worst bureaucracy in the nation
Started by IndustryPharmD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ummm... Big difference between Pine and Sequoia. Yes, they're both monocotyledons and coniferous evergreens. But one is a genus Pinus and the other is genus Sequioadendron - cypress family redwood.
It's not a pine cone.. do I need to take picture of em? These cones live up to 20 years and release seeds in rare occasions.
dork.
Yes. I'm clearly the dork.
And for the record...I don't find your cypress cone sexy.
That would be Mr. "Botanist" and which species and to grow how big?
The one in the picture.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The one in the picture.
I'm glad you asked. Giant Sequoia can grow 1 to 2 feet per year and can attain diameter of 15 to 17 feet in 100 years... of course I won't live to see it.
Large trees you would find in National Parks can be several thousand years old as these trees can tolerate fire and insects and other disease. In fact, fire is necessary in order for the seeds to release from the cones.
In a captive environment with care, these trees grow much faster than in the wild.
I'm not sure my seedlings will survive as survival rate is low. But I find it interesting that I have the largest tree specie growing in my office.
Yes. I'm clearly the dork.
And for the record...I don't find your cypress cone sexy.
It's Sequoia cone...not cypress!!
The greenish one in the background produced the seeds.
It's Sequoia cone...not cypress!!
The greenish one in the background produced the seeds.
![]()
Oh boy. Now you're really cursed! You stole a whole damn forest worth.
You try cracking one open with force?
I raise my hand for the group who doesn't! 👍
fair enough, but then how do you explain the harem of peeps that crawl out of the woodwork within minutes after the superstar appears? UncannyI don't find your cypress cone sexy.
🤣
but i do gotta admit that the whole using the hands for botany can be pretty sexy...*helpless shrug*
I'm glad you asked. Giant Sequoia can grow 1 to 2 feet per year and can attain diameter of 15 to 17 feet in 100 years... of course I won't live to see it.
Large trees you would find in National Parks can be several thousand years old as these trees can tolerate fire and insects and other disease. In fact, fire is necessary in order for the seeds to release from the cones.
In a captive environment with care, these trees grow much faster than in the wild.
I'm not sure my seedlings will survive as survival rate is low. But I find it interesting that I have the largest tree specie growing in my office.
I've been asking for the impressive Giant Sequoia pics for weeks and you finally post a little baby?
I've been asking for the impressive Giant Sequoia pics for weeks and you finally post a little baby?
Here ya go... "General Sherman Tree Stump" The largest tree in the world.
Thank you! Those are great!
a drawn in stick figure or something would be great to get an idea of how small a human would be standing against it, but this is more than good enough, I'm not pushy.....for real....🙂
a drawn in stick figure or something would be great to get an idea of how small a human would be standing against it, but this is more than good enough, I'm not pushy.....for real....🙂
Yes. I'm clearly the dork.
And for the record...I don't find your cypress cone sexy.
No you're not, Mr. or Dr. Botanist is the dork...
Your Choice:why i gotta be the dork?
- You post about pods/spores/seeds
- It's your turn, I'm on vacation.
- You are not as beautiful as Spiriva Sunrise
ummm... Big difference between Pine and Sequoia. Yes, they're both monocotyledons and coniferous evergreens. But one is a genus Pinus and the other is genus Sequioadendron - cypress family redwood.
It's not a pine cone.. do I need to take picture of em? These cones live up to 20 years and release seeds in rare occasions.
dork.
What?!?!?
What the hell is wrong with you......
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your Choice:
- You post about pods/spores/seeds
- It's your turn, I'm on vacation.
- You are not as beautiful as Spiriva Sunrise
i choose b and c. your vacation aint forever and i will choose to believe the rumors of spiris beauty, for now.
What?!?!?
What the hell is wrong with you......
i talk like that in real life too.
So tell me about this picture Mr. Botanist! What do you see?That would be Mr. "Botanist" and which species and to grow how big?
So tell me about this picture Mr. Botanist! What do you see?
![]()
beautiful...i see money.
So tell me about this picture Mr. Botanist! What do you see?
![]()
Wow. This is Newsweek caliber stuff...what a story in one shot! Love it Cject.
Btw...were they red in blossom?
Btw...were they red in blossom?
Why? What colors are yours?
If any of you gurus get tired of thread jacking, you could wander over to my thread about NNT and answer my question. It's lame, so feel free to threadjack from that point.
Last edited:
The very few that I saw were still blossming were red and purple in color...I wish I had more time to get photos that day!Btw...were they red in blossom?
i choose b and c. your vacation aint forever and i will choose to believe the rumors of spiris beauty, for now.
My vacation is just about every weekend. I was away this past weekend and I will be away this coming weekend.
C. This is not a rumor. It is a fact.... I have a corroborating witness.
My vacation is just about every weekend. I was away this past weekend and I will be away this coming weekend.
C. This is not a rumor. It is a fact.... I have a corroborating witness.

Old Timer-So is the plan to meet all the SDN girls so you can make some sort of Girls of SDN calendar of us? 😉 I get dibs on Miss August! 😀
Try Illinois bureaucracy.![]()
agreed. Call for an hour and get busy signals, then wait on hold for 35 min once it rings.
at least the girl who answered was nice and helpful!
Old Timer-So is the plan to meet all the SDN girls so you can make some sort of Girls of SDN calendar of us? 😉 I get dibs on Miss August! 😀
You will just have to wait to find out.....
You have heard what women do to men who expose themselves improperly like that there haven't you???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Toilets in afghanistan are rarer than water...typically people go out back behind their houses. You can't go too far into the fields because believe it or not, there are still many mines left behind from the Russian war of the 80's. If you DO happen to get lucky and find a toilet, here is what it usually looks like
Toilets in afghanistan are rarer than water...typically people go out back behind their houses. You can't go too far into the fields because believe it or not, there are still many mines left behind from the Russian war of the 80's. If you DO happen to get lucky and find a toilet, here is what it usually looks like
![]()
Socks + sandals = Awesome
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 560