The worst job ever.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futod23

Reaction score
Hi, so after struggling to find a job/internship to fulfill shadowing hours and just get some first hand experience, I finally landed an internship 2 months ago. Then the doctor I interned for got me a job at another branch close to my house so that I can actually get paid. I was so excited, all the doctors in this company are really nice. But, I work as a pretester. And all my co-workers are super mean. If I do anything wrong they have to tell the whole office and make me feel like a joke. And then if I ask for help, eyes start rolling, whispers start, and it really just makes me feel less than. I am so grateful that I got this job after struggling to find one, but I have only been here a month and its making me feel so small. Is it worth it to keep this job? I know it will help me in the long run, but is EVERY practice like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I worked as a tech in a private practice - felt respected and enjoyed the job. Worked as a tech in an OD/OMD hospital setting for several years with experiences very similar to yours before going to OD school. It's not like that everywhere. Best of luck.

Hi, so after struggling to find a job/internship to fulfill shadowing hours and just get some first hand experience, I finally landed an internship 2 months ago. Then the doctor I interned for got me a job at another branch close to my house so that I can actually get paid. I was so excited, all the doctors in this company are really nice. But, I work as a pretester. And all my co-workers are super mean. If I do anything wrong they have to tell the whole office and make me feel like a joke. And then if I ask for help, eyes start rolling, whispers start, and it really just makes me feel less than. I am so grateful that I got this job after struggling to find one, but I have only been here a month and its making me feel so small. Is it worth it to keep this job? I know it will help me in the long run, but is EVERY practice like this?
???

What? I'd like to hear "their" side of the story but no, if what you describe is accurate, then no it's definitely an exception to the rule. The average work environment ISN'T like that. People obviously generally get along, optometry or otherwise.