The wrong shelf exam...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ANCAdoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I was scheduled to take the Intro to Clinical Diagnosis shelf exam. When I got the shelf exam, it just said "Medicine" and when the proctor was reading the instructions, he said something like "and you are taking this exam after some of your clerkships". After he finished reading the instructions we told the proctor this wasn't the correct exam (we are second years). Yep, our school ordered the wrong shelf exam. You gotta be kidding me!!!! A few of us got up at 5am to drive 2 hrs to the campus (note: i attend a center campus and already moved to the main campus for years 3/4). I was mad as hell.

I can't believe nobody opened the box to make sure we had the right exam. The center director even told the proctor "i hope these are the right exams"!

So...the school thought of the bright idea of giving it next friday (the fastest the nbme can get it to us). Bad thing is we already have the path shelf exam that morning. I don't think 2 shelf exams in one day is a good idea. I had planned to study for boards that afternoon. Some of us are scheduled to take STEP 1 the following week so we are pushing the admins to just drop the medicine shelf. This totally messes up the STEP 1 study schedule....damn i hate my life right about now. I'm guessing the administration wont change so looks like we get screwed again (for their mistake).

Just reason #999999 why I hate IU.

Members don't see this ad.

wow, im sorry to hear that.
im also sorry for one of my friend going to IU next year. Another thought, he's got a full ride to IU, no sympathy from me.

HAHAHA, that sucks... I take that Intro to Clinical Diagnosis SHELF tomorrow. I hope Muncie ordered the right exam! Which campus was it?