Theranos labs lay off 41% of workforce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nr-xxx

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
go to www.msn.com and under business news 16/2017 you will find Theranos labs cuts work force by 41 % to devote more time to mini Lab development. all I can say is that with labs cutting workforces and last Summer Aetna insurance announced cutback of 50% for lab tests re imbursement that I would think twice about going into pathology. if I were a med tech then realize with automation and robotics most of the jobs will be replaced by machines. if nay one doubts this then I recommend you start reading Wall Street Journal and websites like MSN Business to see about economic forces affecting the lab and the field of pathology. I would not just listen to academic types that say the field is "rosy" with good job prospects. 41% of a workforce is not trivial. .it is serious ., 50% cut backs in lab tests reimbursement is likewise not trivial I am told specifically for hem path this past year the reimbursement for FLOW cytometer has been cut 17% so I think I would keep abreast of developments in Wall street journal and not just listen to teachers that say all is well

Members don't see this ad.

go to www.msn.com and under business news 16/2017 you will find Theranos labs cuts work force by 41 % to devote more time to mini Lab development. all I can say is that with labs cutting workforces and last Summer Aetna insurance announced cutback of 50% for lab tests re imbursement that I would think twice about going into pathology. if I were a med tech then realize with automation and robotics most of the jobs will be replaced by machines. if nay one doubts this then I recommend you start reading Wall Street Journal and websites like MSN Business to see about economic forces affecting the lab and the field of pathology. I would not just listen to academic types that say the field is "rosy" with good job prospects. 41% of a workforce is not trivial. .it is serious ., 50% cut backs in lab tests reimbursement is likewise not trivial I am told specifically for hem path this past year the reimbursement for FLOW cytometer has been cut 17% so I think I would keep abreast of developments in Wall street journal and not just listen to teachers that say all is well

Theranos cut its workforce by 41% because they defrauded the government and their patients with unvalidated/unprovable testing. It is not because patients no longer need testing, it is contrary to this.

Reactions: 2 users

Theranos lay offs have nothing to do with the state of pathology. You post the same rubbish all the time under 3 different usernames. Start ranting on a new topic already. Geez.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I could have told people this in 2003 at Stanford...I love how Stanford undergrads all think they are Nobel winners before their first job. IMO, that is a faculty issue. Stanford created this monster, they should pay.

Reactions: 1 users
Slap on the wrist. She should be switching spots with Martin Shkreli.

The article in buzzfeed by Stephanie Lee nicely summarizes the mess.

Did anyone see that lab tech in Pennsylvania sentenced to 13 months for not following SOPs? Lizzy deserves some jail time as well in my opinion

Members don't see this ad :)
Laughable attempt by liberals to link General Mattis to this as some type of causative agent. The guy is a MARINE GENERAL not a scientist. Oh and she was given top billing by the Clinton Foundation:

Keep throwing stones from the glass house and I will enjoy all the choking on broken glass milkshakes.

Vox is less balanced news than Russia Today, you fail. Its somewhat amusing to see every news bite is warped into some anti-Trump tirade. The bridge collapses, CNN breaking "Trump stomped on bridge, kills motorists!"

Last edited:
Laughable attempt by liberals to link General Mattis to this as some type of causative agent. The guy is a MARINE GENERAL not a scientist. Oh and she was given top billing by the Clinton Foundation:

Keep throwing stones from the glass house and I will enjoy all the choking on broken glass milkshakes.

Vox is less balanced news than Russia Today, you fail. Its somewhat amusing to see every news bite is warped into some anti-Trump tirade. The bridge collapses, CNN breaking "Trump stomped on bridge, kills motorists!"

Mattis provided cover for the fraud along with Kissinger, Schultz etc. No claim that Clinton is blame free.

Mattis provided cover for the fraud along with Kissinger, Schultz etc. No claim that Clinton is blame free.

Why are you trying to pick some Facebook-style political fight on SDN of all places, in the Pathology forum no less? This serves no purpose whatsoever. General Mattis is incredibly well respected and honorable person to many USMC veterans on this forum. And I 100% guarantee you can be a super tough guy on the internet forums, but much less so if we met in person. Im happy to let opposing views be aired, but the snide retort style of forum troll debate is the reason I dont check FB anymore.

Reactions: 1 users
Why are you trying to pick some Facebook-style political fight on SDN of all places, in the Pathology forum no less? This serves no purpose whatsoever. General Mattis is incredibly well respected and honorable person to many USMC veterans on this forum. And I 100% guarantee you can be a super tough guy on the internet forums, but much less so if we met in person. Im happy to let opposing views be aired, but the snide retort style of forum troll debate is the reason I dont check FB anymore.
As a retired USA COLONEL i agree.I also partially trained at STANFORD and agree with some of your comments regarding them.Until exposed by WSJ and SHULTZ grandson,ELIZABETH HOLMES was the toast of MSM.She was SILICON VALLEY royalty until she wasn't.SILICON VALLEY reminds me of HOLLYWOOD when it comes to hypocrisy between what is said and what is done.I again recommend the article in VANITY FAIR by EMILY CHANG--"OH MY GOD-THIS IS SO F--CKED UP" MONEY and fame doesn't make one an expert on national or world problems,nor a moral paragon.

i suggest you look at yourself in the mirror and at your comments.

Reactions: 3 users
“Ann Gronowski, a professor in pathology and immunology at the Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, resigned from the SAB at the end of last year, according to a statement from her university.

She was one of the most respected scientists on the scientific board at Theranos, according to several pathology academics. Her resignation has not been announced by the company and she is still listed as a member of the SAB on its website.”

There were many politicians on both side of the isle that fell for this fraud and helped put patients at risk. Go back and look at John McCain's twitter feed when he toured their facility. Then Arizona passed laws that caused a lot of harm to patients.

Our lab organizations dropped the ball big time. This was one of the most obvious frauds of all time and CAP (and others) just stood by and watched. The only thing missing from this fraud was an African prince story to make it even more obvious.

There were many politicians on both side of the isle that fell for this fraud and helped put patients at risk. Go back and look at John McCain's twitter feed when he toured their facility. Then Arizona passed laws that caused a lot of harm to patients.

Our lab organizations dropped the ball big time. This was one of the most obvious frauds of all time and CAP (and others) just stood by and watched. The only thing missing from this fraud was an African prince story to make it even more obvious.

I agree! Where was Clia? Cola? Cap??

If I fail to record the refrigerator temperature on the damn log they will have my ass but massive fraud and there were crickets? These idiots have us doing value based QC now where the hell is their value?

Sleepy sons of bitches!!

The only thing missing from this fraud was an African prince story to make it even more obvious.

Kinda like this guy...?

ComingtoAmerica1988MoviePoster.jpg

If I fail to record the refrigerator temperature on the damn log they will have my ass but massive fraud and there were crickets?

:laugh:

i suggest you look at yourself in the mirror and at your comments.

I dont really care, just hate getting triggered by internet political crap nowadays. I was hoping this would all die down at some point, but the new normal seems to be state of people subtlety trying to antagonize me...of course I live in California so I shouldnt expect much else, but it is annoying nevertheless.

So does anybody think the public got any accountability on this?
SEC fined Homes 500,000 K ?
No jail no nothing really. Slap on the wrist.

It may not be over yet. Her and "Sunny" supposedly could still be facing some prison time. Still shocks me she supposedly dated Sunny. He is an old dude and there is only like one known photograph of the man.

Lawyers: Elizabeth Holmes Could Still Serve Time In Prison

I bet money CNBC airs an episode of American Greed about Theranos. Cue Stacey Keach.

Status
Not open for further replies.