Thin Letter from BU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TechMan, Dec 2, 2002.

1. TechMan

TechMan Dreams Stuff are Made of.

Got a thin letter from BU today, dated Nov. 26. I don't understand how I can get an interview at Harvard, but yet BU shows me no love. ah well.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member

Sorry about the dreaded thin letter! Keep your chin up! If you are qualified enough to get an interview at Harvard, you will have a lot of acceptances from some great schools! Good luck!

4. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    this might fall into the "this applicant is so qualified we're not sure he or she will come here" territory :confused:

5. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member

for kicks, do a search on BU. they've got a habit of rejecting folks who try to use them as a safety. so if you're numbers are too high they throw you out. look at their stats - 8000 applicants, 3.6% accept rate, average GPA of 3.5 and average MCATs of 9.8.
    compare that to harvard's accept rate of 4.5%, 3.8 average and 11.4 MCATs.
    BU's got a niche and you got to admire their revenue generating ability: 8000, $100 application fees, no secondaries to wade through and a cheapie program to screen out high GPA and high MCAT folks. damn I wish I had thought of that :D

6. TechMan

TechMan Dreams Stuff are Made of.

Maybe you guys are right. For those who do get interviews/acceptances from them, i would recommend going there because i hear it is a pretty good school, and boston is an amazing city. I mainly applied there because of location, I would really like to live in boston.