1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Thin Letter from BU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TechMan, Dec 2, 2002.

1. TechMan

TechMan Dreams Stuff are Made of.
    10+ Year Member

Got a thin letter from BU today, dated Nov. 26. I don't understand how I can get an interview at Harvard, but yet BU shows me no love. ah well.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry about the dreaded thin letter! Keep your chin up! If you are qualified enough to get an interview at Harvard, you will have a lot of acceptances from some great schools! Good luck!

4. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    this might fall into the "this applicant is so qualified we're not sure he or she will come here" territory :confused:

5. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

for kicks, do a search on BU. they've got a habit of rejecting folks who try to use them as a safety. so if you're numbers are too high they throw you out. look at their stats - 8000 applicants, 3.6% accept rate, average GPA of 3.5 and average MCATs of 9.8.
    compare that to harvard's accept rate of 4.5%, 3.8 average and 11.4 MCATs.
    BU's got a niche and you got to admire their revenue generating ability: 8000, $100 application fees, no secondaries to wade through and a cheapie program to screen out high GPA and high MCAT folks. damn I wish I had thought of that :D

6. TechMan

TechMan Dreams Stuff are Made of.
    10+ Year Member

Maybe you guys are right. For those who do get interviews/acceptances from them, i would recommend going there because i hear it is a pretty good school, and boston is an amazing city. I mainly applied there because of location, I would really like to live in boston.