Things graduate school has ruined for me

Started by Kajika
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kajika

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Placebos: Chicken soup and orange juice no longer do anything for me when I'm sick other than make me use the bathroom. 😉

2. Science documentaries: PBS shows about DNA aren't nearly so nifty when you know more than the narrator does.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was watching Farscape last night and noticed that their syringes (analagous to hyposprays on startrek?) are the same micro-pipettemen that we use in our lab. I cringed when I saw one of the characters draw up liquid without a tip. For some reason all the bad physics does't bother me so much.
 
jk5177 said:
I stopped listen to my parents advice about what is good to do for my health.

Heh heh, I had a fight with my dad a few weeks ago because I was sick and I didn't want to go sit in the waiting room at the student health clinic all morning just to be told that I had picked up a virus. He said to me, "You haven't finished medical school yet." 😛
 
QofQuimica said:
Heh heh, I had a fight with my dad a few weeks ago because I was sick and I didn't want to go sit in the waiting room at the student health clinic all morning just to be told that I had picked up a virus. He said to me, "You haven't finished medical school yet." 😛

You can be boldly defiant and echo what he said by saying... "you haven't started medical school yet."
 
jk5177 said:
You can be boldly defiant and echo what he said by saying... "you haven't started medical school yet."

<gulp> That would be a very hubristic move on my part....he's a GP with 30+ years of experience. :scared: I haven't even APPLIED to med school yet. 😱 Anyway, I'm more the passive-aggressive type, I guess, because I ended up telling him "ok" and just not going. 😀