Things may get better

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamapharmacist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Any new yorkers remember the PBM legislation that Cuomo vetoed last year? His rationale was that ERISA would preempt the bill if I remember correctly.

Any new yorkers remember the PBM legislation that Cuomo vetoed last year? His rationale was that ERISA would preempt the bill if I remember correctly.
Yeah I remember even though im not a new yorker. But then again, it's cuomo... haha probably the worst governor in history. Neck and neck with newsom.

Members don't see this ad :)
This comment aged really well. lol. My post about cuomo got moved to "Irrelevant" thread lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I agree that things may get better. My biggest worry is the influx of incompetence due to schools lowering their standards. The next 10 years will bring a whole generation of pharmacists (not all of course) that will make it harder to establish credibility

Reactions: 2 users
The next 10 years is going to bring a whole lot of hurt to pharmacy schools. Going to be funny how they are going to try to tack on multiple degrees i.e. MBA, PhD, etc. and God knows how many PGYs. ACPE needs to put their foot down now because schools are trying to figure out how to incorporate PGY1 into a standard 4 year curriculum just to get an admissions edge so you graduate with a residency. Crap is outta control.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
ACPE needs to put their foot down now because schools are trying to figure out how to incorporate PGY1 into a standard 4 year curriculum just to get an admissions edge so you graduate with a residency.
What's this all about now? Explain please...and links if you have them. I have not heard this before. Thanks.

No links. Just faculty I keep in touch with at various schools on ideas that are being floated and how they hate them so I guess they use me not to incriminate themselves.

No links. Just faculty I keep in touch with at various schools on ideas that are being floated and how they hate them so I guess they use me not to incriminate themselves.
Its almost like people who run the schools have no idea whats going on in the real world. You need to produce students based on needs of the market, not needs of your pocket. Hey that rhymes. Lol.

schools are trying to figure out how to incorporate PGY1 into a standard 4 year curriculum just to get an admissions edge so you graduate with a residency. Crap is outta control.
Depending on what you mean by standard 4 year curriculum we already have this, no? Plenty of 3 year programs out there

Its almost like people who run the schools have no idea whats going on in the real world. You need to produce students based on needs of the market, not needs of your pocket. Hey that rhymes. Lol.

And that can be said for any big box business.

Yeah I remember even though im not a new yorker. But then again, it's cuomo... haha probably the worst governor in history. Neck and neck with newsom.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You've never been to IL, have you? We've had more governors end up in prison, than any other state. And a couple of other governors who probably were guilty, but managed to get off on technicalities. And none of that partisan politic nonsense in IL, here both Republican and Democrat governors are corrupt and end up in prison. One governor who ended up in prison was also a pharmacist....I dropped my APHA membership that year when APHA mail all the IL pharmacists a letter saying we should vote for him, just because he was a pharmacist.

• Haha
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You've never been to IL, have you? We've had more governors end up in prison, than any other state. And a couple of other governors who probably were guilty, but managed to get off on technicalities. And none of that partisan politic nonsense in IL, here both Republican and Democrat governors are corrupt and end up in prison. One governor who ended up in prison was also a pharmacist....I dropped my APHA membership that year when APHA mail all the IL pharmacists a letter saying we should vote for him, just because he was a pharmacist.
I know lori beetlejuice lightfoot is purposely ruining chicago lol