Things that make a bad pre-vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the country I got married in, husband and wife HAVE to have the same last name (and no retaining maiden name as a middle name without a court decree and a reason).

Since we were going to live in the states, we kept my unfortunate name.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I was like, "!!! Cimorene?" But then I realized she didn't slay dragons, she befriended them. Dealing With Dragons, anyone? I know we're all the same sort of nerd in here, someone else grew up loving Patricia Wrede.

:highfive:

I was like, "!!! Cimorene?" But then I realized she didn't slay dragons, she befriended them. Dealing With Dragons, anyone? I know we're all the same sort of nerd in here, someone else grew up loving Patricia Wrede.

Aerin from The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-Vets that brag about being admitted early because they got in after third year of undergrad or because it only took them one try to get in.
Should you be proud? Absolutely!
Should you include it on your Instagram bio? .....

Pre-Vets that brag about being admitted early because they got in after third year of undergrad or because it only took them one try to get in.
Should you be proud? Absolutely!
Should you include it on your Instagram bio? .....

Vet school will crush their spirit just like everyone else. :)

They can brag about it, but it won't make a difference for anything else. And if they try to brag to classmates, they will become pretty unpopular pretty fast.

Reactions: 6 users
There's nothing quite as tragic/comical as a vet student who still thinks of him/herself as that brilliant, academically-superlative pre-vet who got into vet school and thus can't accept that they're just a C student now that they're in vet school.

You really only have two options once you're in vet school if you don't want to drive your entire class crazy. Either a) accept that you're just an average student now and be content with passing your classes, or b) continue to be the top student in the class and never, ever, ever talk about it.

Of course, I have no experience with the latter option....

Reactions: 4 users