Things to do before medical school starts?

Started by unsung
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Solid bump

I'll probably try to get in shape, play as much golf as possible, and just relax. Maybe do some travelling too if I find the money.
 
I have been in the Army for 13 years, and went to night school on top of the for the last 4 years. I spent the past several months on chemotherapy, and was not able to see my kids from my prior marriage the entire time because my counts were low and they lived too far away. I still finished my upper level biology classes while on chemo, and finally graduate in may. My medical retirement should be done by may as well. After a lifestyle in the past of ultramarathons, skydiving, and solo backcountry backpacking, I am just going to relax, take it easy, get my kids (two with the ex, one on the way with my current), and be a Dad for the summer. R-E-L-A-X.

Still super excited about med school in the fall!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goin on a road trip to LA to celebrate with some college buddies, gonna go HAM for like 3 days straight #YOLO. Can't wait to get yucky wit da boyz.

Just hoping I don't get arrested.
 
Visit Jiuzhaigou and Hangzhou regions of China, work part-time with doctors to make some money, and spend lots of time with family and friends before I head off to the murky abyss of med school.
 
I loaned a friend of mine some money to pay off debts before he started law school, this summer he is paying me back by taking me to Vegas for like 4 days. Need I say more :naughty: