Thinking about Transferring to another Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E E Smith

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would like to know what you hear/know happens for people transferring into your school. I'm a first year not enjoying my experience and I'm thinking about going somewhere else... that is if I'm welcomed.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of anyone that has transferred in to our program. I'm fairly certain if you go after 1st year, you would have to start over because the programs are all similar, yet different. Your best bet would be to call the schools you are interested in and discuss. What is it that you don't like about your program that you feel would be better somewhere else?

When I was a student I recall one student transferred to Barry. According to the rumors they did not make him redo his courses but he transferred out during his first year. To my knowledge he left our school near the bottom of the class and was top of the class at Barry. Apparently Barry was a better environment for him?

Might be tough to explain why you left/transferred a school on interview day. Could reflect back on you that you are not good with others or caused controversy. Not saying that is true, but it's the first thing that popped in my mind. I'm sure some residency interviewers will also think the same.

I would tough it out and stay.