Thinking of applying to Tuskegee...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sk8gurl06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I have been reading up on Tuskegee and was wondering that you all thought of it. I am thinking of applying there next year. Any hints or gossip? :p

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've heard, it's a darn good school that produces fine vets. Supposedly their teaching hospital doesn't have as high a case load and all the fancy equipment that Auburn has.
A coworker applied there last year, and apparently communicating with them is an absolute nightmare. She interviewed and everything and heard nothing, absolutely nothing, back from them until a week after the decision deadline for all the other schools (April 15th? May 1st? Don't exactly remember).

Their website is nigh impossible to navigate and communication with them seems to be a major difficulty at times... this has nothing to do with the caliber of the school, of course. Just verifying that they're a bit hard to get a hold of if you have any questions. Also, it's true that they're one of the last schools to let you know if you were accepted or not (always early April, I think?)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that you should apply to TU. It is very easy to apply. Just go onto their website and start up your application. I am not sure if their app. is up and running yet for this upcoming app. year. I really did not have to contact them much because the app. was extremely self explanatory. I can't tell you much about the school because classes have not started yet. I went to Auburn to find a place to live and I stopped by the school and the office ladies were really nice. I work with a vet. that graduated from there and she is an excellent vet. She said that you may not have all of the fancy equipment there, but you know how to do the hands on work! Go for...just apply!

This makes me feel alittle better, I just haven't found much on them. I will try and apply this year!

I did find that their website was hard to find the info I needed.:p