thinking of change of Career in to PsyD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpark11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am pretty new at this and maybe some of you guys who have more experience in this can help me out.
I am currently and full time worker and hate my job and been thinking about doing something different. And I always enjoyed working with people and been doing some volunteering work with different therapist and i been really enjoying. this spark my new interest in going to psyd program. Bu tnot sure where to start. I am currently living in California bay area. Any of you guys know good websites, or good programs around this area? or do you guys recommend relocating? budget of schooling?
And feedback will be very helpful since i am pretty new at this!
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Many students have encountered similar feelings and have also discussed this issue on various threads on SDN. It might help you to search for these topics since they might answer many of your questions.

I think it would be important to understand the requirements for going into a doctorate program, but especially why you would like a PsyD. Meaning, what are your long-term career goals? What about volunteering did you like? What is your idea of the PsyD?