Third time's the charm!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOOURNS

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any other 3 time applicants here?

I just got in to USC off the waitlist (my only one!) on my third application cycle.

Anyone ever hear of anyone applying 4 times? I don't know if I had it in me. I definitely would have applied to some osteopath schools if I had to, but I don't!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, congrats! Of all the schools you could have gone to, you got into an awesome one! It's my first choice for out-of-state. Good thing you didn't give up. :)

good job. i dont know if i could handle applying three times. usc is an awesome school, good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW! congratulations!!!!! USC is awesome, you should be very proud.

Applied 3 times.
Took MCAT 3 times.

Got into Albany med school (and 4 other waitlists).

My interview at Albany was on 3/3 by the way.

I used to think 3 was an unlucky number - but not anymore

Congrats TYY and abcabc. i imagine it is all the sweeter the third time around. :thumbup:

Hey TYY and abcabc. Congrats on getting in!

I was just wondering if you had mdapp profiles or could share your stats/experiences in a more in-depth way.

THanks! Best of luck in the fall!

CONGRATS abcabc and TYY !!!! :) :) :)
Best of luck to both of you for the next journey :)

Congrats guys.

Is Albany your first choice or are you hoping for one of the waitlisted schools?

Good MCAT, low grades, CA resident.

I had a C and D(!!!) my freshman year in gen chem. Many schools have a requirement that all premed courses be completed with C or better. I feel this had hurt me. However I took the MCAT twice (first score expired) and scored 38 both times. No research experience, 200+ volunteer hours. Lots of clinical experience.

I got kinda cocky with my MCAT, thinking it would float me in, boy was I wrong. I really wanted to stay in CA, so I basically applied to the UCs, plus a couple out of state, this was a mistake. The UCs are just so godamn competetive, a private school was my only hope of staying in CA. This application cycle was my first time appying to USC, I had been afraid of the cost.

YAY! good job!!! that's awesome both of you guys

Good MCAT (34), low grades (3.2 undergrad, 3.3 grad - Masters), NY resident.

Actually, the first 2 times I applied, my premed committee didn't support me - but also my previous MCATS were a 28 and a 23. So I don't know which was the factor that really got me in this year.

I applied REALLY late - august MCAT, premed committee didn't decide to support me till they saw my 34 on the MCAT in OCTOBER! But since I had applied 2 times, I was quick and had everything in by november-december.

I think 18 secondaries - 6 interviews and so far 1 acceptance, 4 waitlists, 1 no response yet after the interview.

Albany is my first choice because it's where I got in, but other waitlists seem promising too if I put the pressure on.

Congrats TYY and ABC!

I also applied three times! Finally got accepted to University of Hawaii's John A. Burns School of Med (I'm a Hawaii res). Being rejected a few times only makes the heart grow fonder. We stuck it out, and it totally paid off...HOW SWEET IT IS!!! :love:

Congrats to both TYY and ABC.

TYY,

If you are referring to Keck school of medicine in Southern Cali, then WOW!!!!!!! I ENVY YOU!!!!!!! That is such an awesome school, and I believe its on the top 50 as well. I checked it out once years ago, cuz I had this friend in L.A. whom was trying to convince me to come out there.

Oh and TYY and ABC,

Also congrats on the high MCAT scores.

ABC,

You are living proof that those people whom say one cannot improve on the MCAT can do so. I admire that a lot, because statistically they say that many people only improve by a few points, but no where near a jumb like the one you made.