You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Third Year Neurology Clerkships?
Started by NYUyankeezfan
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Why not simply apply for an away rotation which most schools have? Many schools do not have neurology as part of the core third year curriculum. Does your school have neurology as an elective that you can rotate through as third year?
Why not simply apply for an away rotation which most schools have? Many schools do not have neurology as part of the core third year curriculum. Does your school have neurology as an elective that you can rotate through as third year?
The issue is that for third year clerkships, many places won't let you apply unless you're an affiliate, or they simply don't allow third year students. I recently found some clerkships in the LECOM system, but I wish they were closer to where I am now. Whatever, I'll take what I can get.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Look on vsas. There are a few schools that will allow you to do the 3rd year neurology clerkship
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, LECOM won't give us our VSAS info until December.Look on vsas. There are a few schools that will allow you to do the 3rd year neurology clerkship
ANDDDD of course I received another e-mail this morning, this time from Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh), which is a LECOM affiliate, saying that they don't allow third years to rotate either. COME ON!Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, LECOM won't give us our VSAS info until December.
I've tried contacting them...the person they say to e-mail has NEVER gotten back to me. The other day I decided to call, but they had me leave a message on someone's voicemail and I never got a call back...so how the heck am I supposed to get anything done? It's so frustrating :/Have you tried Hamot? They take third years and it's a good rotation.
If you just started your 3rd year you are in good shape. Unless you have elective time free you will do your neurology clerkship after you finished your 3rd year. They're quite a few schools that allow you to do the neurology. In new York I think hofstra north shore lij let's you rotate
I THINK you're correct, and I even have a neurologist who knows someone on the inside. It's just that most programs require a "core clerkship" in neurology, and I don't want that to be an issue.If you just started your 3rd year you are in good shape. Unless you have elective time free you will do your neurology clerkship after you finished your 3rd year. They're quite a few schools that allow you to do the neurology. In new York I think hofstra north shore lij let's you rotate
I went to LECOM Erie and I used all of my third year electives in neurology. You may not be able to rotate near Western Pa/NY, but they aren't difficult to find in the Midwest. You can also use your vacation month to do a rotation.
I went to LECOM Erie and I used all of my third year electives in neurology. You may not be able to rotate near Western Pa/NY, but they aren't difficult to find in the Midwest. You can also use your vacation month to do a rotation.
Hey "Hindiana" (haha, clever) - Hamot FINALLY responded to me. Someone on this website gave me an e-mail address that wasn't listed on Hamot's website. The person immediately got back to me and said she'd help me out ASAP - she mentioned some transitioning that had been going on, which delayed the process. Hope it works out. I hear Esper's team gives a good rotation. Thanks for the insight.
I'm waiting for Hamot to get back to me, they finally responded. Wait, are you in my class?? who is this??still looking? i set up one in January with Dr. Tamsulonis at St. Elizabeth's in Youngstown. I'm also a 3rd year.
Hey, anybody know of Cleveland-area hospitals that accept third year students for neuro clerkships?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad