This application process can be FRUSTRATING!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njdesi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
MY AACOMAS was sent out with the first set of primary applications. I got back secondaries from all the schools I applied to, and my file was complete at all the schools by mid-July (and I mean secondaries as well!). I thought I would be at an advantage by doing this.I had two interview offers from AZCOM and TUCOM by mid-August. And the rest has been very slow.

UMDNJSOM, UNECOM, and KCOM said they were waiting for my second set of MCAT scores from August 2002. DMU put me on "hold". I know CCOM and NYCOM havent started interviews yet. UHS and LECOM said I am "qualified" but are waiting for my DO letter of rec, but I know people as we speak being interviewed without a complete file there (LECOM I mean).
I know people with similiar stats and qualifications as me who are being offered interviews early.

Am I being too restless? My stats are as follows : Science GPA (undergrad and postbaac):3.1, undergrad : 3.36, masters in public health : 3.88. MCAT : 9BS, 8VR, and 6PS :)mad: ) and WS-Q. 3 years of working in public health and tons of community based volunteer work.

Any feedback would be great SDNers. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Dont worry. First, I think you have to realize that some schools are a numbers game, which is unfortunate. However, DO schools typically do not only focus in on numbers, which is a good thing. I am sure that your qualifications speak for themselves and it is only a matter of time before you get your invites. I do think though that UMDNJ-SOM is a little bit more number oriented, and you will probably be interviewed after they know how the pool looks like. Good luck, and I am sure you will get acceptances.

njdesi -

I've been told that they are waiting for my second set of mcat scores too, and I'll agree that it's incredibly frustrating! (the worst part is that I did okay on the numbers part, it's literally just my writing score that's holding everything up!)

I have faith it'll all work out but right now I just want the whole process to start moving again....

Members don't see this ad :)
Be patient njdesi
I sent in my secondaries way back in early July and still haven't heard anything about an interview. I called all the schools I applied to and they say my file was complete as of august 1. This is just the world's longest waiting game I guess
tick...tock...tick...tock :rolleyes:

I agree with everyone else...be patient. At least your applications are for the most part complete, so for the schools that haven't started interviewing yet you will probably be in the first set called. It's still WAY early - remember, some schools interview all the way up to May.

Good luck! Applying to medical school is a tedious process, but it's all worth it in the end! :)