This has been bugging me since 2005!

Started by Shinken
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shinken

Family Medicine
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, here's the scoop. We all know the famous old photo of AT Still holding and inspecting a femur. Anyway, Ohio U. published some posters and viewbooks with that photo, but the femur's head is bent at a 90 deg angle! I don't get it. It truly looks as if someone used Photoshop or something to create the angle (you can see how the photo was manipulated too...no pun intended).

Has anyone seen this before anywhere else? I even tried to bring it up to the attention of people at OU but nobody seems to care. I find the photo embarrasing and stupid-looking. They even have it on the website:

http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/OsteoMed.htm

I first saw the photo on the viewbooks back in '05 and it's bothered me since. Nobody seems to care to change it to a straight femur. Isn't that photo the funniest, stupidest thing you ever saw? It's embarrasing. OK, I feel better now by letting this off my chest. Someone tell me if I'm being an idiot (or if I'm right). My guess is that someone from the Graphics dept. at OU was having fun but the photo made it to the viewbooks/posters/website. Who knows.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
at_still.jpg

Arzt-Dr.-Andrew-Taylor-Stil.jpg


It's obviously a corruption of this famous shot, but why? Dammit, now you have me obsessing about it too...
 
It's ok. SDN is also my hobby as well.😳

Actually, it's more like an addiction. I've tried to quit so many times.

To quote my mom (who's still a heavy smoker): "I can quit anytime. As a matter of fact, I've already quit several times."
 
at_still.jpg

Arzt-Dr.-Andrew-Taylor-Stil.jpg


It's obviously a corruption of this famous shot, but why? Dammit, now you have me obsessing about it too...

With these two images side by side, there is a Viagra joke in here somewhere. Something like "this is your femur...and This is your femur on viagra..."

Lame... I know.
 
With these two images side by side, there is a Viagra joke in here somewhere. Something like "this is your femur...and This is your femur on viagra..."

Lame... I know.

I thought there was some OMT we could use. You know like palpating the pubic turbcles or finding some chapman's point down there.

We don't need no viagra. The trick is also doing some myofascial release down there you know or somthin like that.

:meanie:
 
I thought there was some OMT we could use. You know like palpating the pubic turbcles or finding some chapman's point down there.

We don't need no viagra. The trick is also doing some myofascial release down there you know or somthin like that.

:meanie:

That's beautiful. I was gonna make something up, but I don't think there's anything more made-up than Chapman's points.