• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

This is posted on the board in my lab

About the Ads

txMed7

5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2012
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
    The title had so much potential for alliterative shenanigans

"Duodenal Delivery of Donor Dung for Disturbingly Dogged Clostridium difficile" :laugh:

In all seriousness, this is a great success story :thumbup:. I remember watching a CNN clip about this a couple of months ago.

txMed7

5+ Year Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    1. Medical Student (Accepted)
      i wonder why they infused into the duodenum instead of farther down. isn't everything ahead of the ic sphincter supposed to be kind of sterile? or is that why they did it there?

"There is no clear (or evidence-based) consensus regarding the most appropriate form of delivery for the fecal microbiota transplant. There have been successful results, defined as clearance of diarrhea, or negative C. difficile toxin assays, with FMT administered to the proximal colon via colonoscope, the distal lower GI tract via enema/rectal tube, and the upper GI tract via nasogastric (NG) tube/gastroscope"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3491681/

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.