this is the big one--help is most appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yerp

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my app all filled out and ready to go and wanted some last minute advice.
I have a 3.83 GPA, a 32Q MCAT (11 verbal), plenty of ec's and therefore, I'm fairly certain I can get into Robert Wood Johnson UMDNJ here in my home state. I want to apply early, however, but one thing is keeping me from going ahead with it:
I had a W (in some stupid general ed. class) freshman year. It's seriously the only problem I can see with my records (I haven't had anything below an A- in 2 years and never got lower than a B).

Will this keep me from getting in early? Should I just apply regular? I really want to go to RWJ as I have been to all my other choices and din't think it was worth it to go into that much debt.

Any help is most appreciated. Thanx in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

hey--another jersey person...i wanna go RWJ early too..i'm waiting on my advisors email back..i have about the same numbers as you (almost to the second decimal) and the ame MCATs and i thought i could do it early..now i'm doubting it...oh no, i shouldn't have read your post!
seriously though...i doubt a little W freshman year will affect you with your record.
are you going to college in state cuz this is pretty uncanny? let me know what you do and good luck!

I applied regular decision to all my schools, but I had one or two W's on my transcript, and it didn't seem to be a problem. What are the rules regarding early decision -- if they don't accept you for that, do you just get held over for the regular pool? If that's the case, I would go ahead and apply early.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey yerp--i did it...i applied to rwj early decision just now--the app went off without a hitch and maybe i'll see you there next year!!!!!!wooohoooo!

yerp, don't sweat a W from your freshman year. I had several :eek:

REALLY don't think 1 W will hurt you.
My pre-med advisor told me that only
if you have a string of W's, do med
schools start to get a little
suspicious. Definitely apply early
and good luck!

one W?

SHEESH, I know a person with 5 C's who got into standford. What would you rather have 5 C's or a W? :D

if I were you, I'd send my application aSAP....believe me, worrying about it is not going to make the W go away :rolleyes:

BEST OF LUCK!!!! hope you get into your school