This Is Torturous!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biffbuddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting consumed by this process!!
I have had 4 interviews, 1 scheduled for the future, 1 pre-interview hold, and havent heard from 9 schools, with no acceptances yet - I cannot help but think about med school and this process all DAY LONG!!! I am addicted to SDN, and I cannot help but constantly obsess over whether I will get any more interviews, or accepted at any of them!!

Its a lot of fun to interview, but I cannot wait until this process is over!! The silent treatment from so many schools is killing me...

by the way, I love SDN- you all rock

Members don't see this ad.

Biffy,
I just sent you a pm. I know what you mean, though. I have only heard from 8 out of 20+ with only 2 completed interviews, 1 scheduled interview, 3 pre-interview holds and 2 rejections. I can't handle it!

I love this process and I never want it to end. I wish I could do it every year and I envy those who are able to do this multiple times.

(btw, that was a sad and sorry attempt at sarcasm)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, do I feel you on that one. I have also had four interviews and I have one more scheduled. I have one acceptance so that feels a lot better. Give it time, with your interviewing sched I am sure you'll get at least one. My big problem is I am exhausted and I think my employer is getting kinda bugged with me missing all of these days for interviewing. I feel like a zombie right now at work, staring at the clock, so exhausted. I was just at an interview yesterday; traveling, interviewing, and working fulltime just doesn't mix well, especially with what this app process is doing to my finances. F*ck this whole year off idea, this isn't a year off. I am going to be so glad when all of this drama is over. I, like you, do enjoy the actual interviews, but it would be a lot nicer if I wasn't working fulltime and so I could actually stay and enjoy the cities for more than the interview, and not have to come back to work.

And don't even get me started on this whole waiting game. I think I might be becoming a more anxious person because of it I think I have checked my email/mail/sdn more in these last three months than I have in my whole life. I think I am driving my bf crazy, but he is so great. He called in sick yesterday to accompany me on my interview which entailed no sleep and 12 hours of driving in two days. What a great guy

biffbuddy, i feel you. 6 interviews, 3 of those have waitlisted me. One more interview scheduled. And still no word from 12 schools post-secondary. And of course the best part...no acceptances yet. This waiting game consumes me. I complain about it multiple times a day to anyone who will listen. aargh!

congrats snowbear on your acceptance:clap: at least you are ahead of the game!!!
hapkidochic, this is such a waiting game - sorry about the waitlists, but hopefully you will get something good soon with all of those interviews - and you can complain to us any day!
:D
let the waiting continue.....