This is What I'm doin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I study to CMRS, BRS path/physio, pharm recall, etc, i'm taking important points from there and putting them in First aid so 2 weeks before my exam, I have to turn to only 1 study source. Has used this approach before and if so, how did it work out???

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of many people using this approuch and I will definately do something similar, but I am writing stuff into BRS PAth and Physio instead of first aid.

CMRS?

I did a similar thing for Step 1. Used First Aid as a sort of "outline," annotated the hell out of it with high-yield info from many other sources. Worked like a charm!

Blade28 said:
CMRS?

I did a similar thing for Step 1. Used First Aid as a sort of "outline," annotated the hell out of it with high-yield info from many other sources. Worked like a charm!

I think he means CMMRS (clinical micro made ridicoulusly simple)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that it works for some people, but my personal feeling on it is that you shouldn't waste your time re-writing notes. It'd be one thing if you were summarizing the key points of Robbin's Pathology, but these are review books that you are talking about that supposedly already have the highlights written in a neat format. If something stands out to you in first aid (eg you keep forgetting what a particular word means in first aid, or there is a helpful mneumonic on a first aid topic), then by all means, write it in. But if you are talking about transfering every little bit of information that appears in those review books as testable step I topics into first aid (eg cramming the prevalence, pathology, mechanism of drugs of treatment, etc onto the sides of First Aid), then I would advise against that. To me, that would be a waste of time and energy. Those review books are made so that you should be able to read them very quickly and gather the important information on each page. Highlighting works for some people too, but I wouldn't advise highlighting the whole book either like some people tend to do.

Kalel said:
Highlighting works for some people too, but I wouldn't advise highlighting the whole book either like some people tend to do.

YES! Excellent advice. I often see people highlighting over half the text on each page, and ask them, "why don't you just take a sharpie and block out what you DON'T want to read? It'd be faster that way!: :)

DireWolf said:
hmmm. Are any of these annotated First Aid's for sale?

:D

How much are you offering? Sure, I believe writing the notes is the learning process, but hell, I'm pretty damn broke.

keraven said:
How much are you offering? Sure, I believe writing the notes is the learning process, but hell, I'm pretty damn broke.

PM me your Step 1 score and a brief description of what kind of notes you added. Oh yeah, and is your handwriting legible? :D