Thomas Jefferson accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anita817

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was playing around on the ACGME site yesterday just checking on the accreditation status of various programs, and the vast majority of the places I looked up had been awarded "continued accreditation" for >5yrs. However, I noticed that Thomas Jefferson was given "continued accreditation with warning" and a cycle length of 2 years. Can anyone shed some light on what might've led to this? I don't know that much about the program except what has been written about it here (which is almost all good) so I was a bit surprised.

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you find it? I looked on the ACGME website and couldn't find the information you found.

This topic was raised last year too (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/jefferson-accreditation.984317/#post-13678642) but we never heard anything about it.

I think I asked the program coordinator and they refered me to the program director. I felt too weird bugging the PD since I was an applicant so that's all I know.

Like I said before, it could be important , but I'd guess that it's more like they didn't hand in some paperwork, or don't have the recommended resident sign out or something.