Program-Specific Info / Q's Thomas Jefferson and Washington University DOT programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labailarina11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to these DOT programs? If so, what are your stats and have you heard anything from them? Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year Jeff eOTD student if you have any questions! I applied in mid November and heard back towards the end of November/early December, my interview was late December, and got my acceptance mid January I think.

I'm a first year Jeff eOTD student if you have any questions! I applied in mid November and heard back towards the end of November/early December, my interview was late December, and got my acceptance mid January I think.
Awesome! Thanks for being willing. Could you tell me your stats/supporting info?
Was there high competition for the OTD program or did it seem like most people were aiming for the MOT?
What's your best advice for getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Thanks for being willing. Could you tell me your stats/supporting info?
Was there high competition for the OTD program or did it seem like most people were aiming for the MOT?
I don't remember my exact stats, but I had a 3.5 ish when I applied with a 3.8 ish prereq, and an overall 98% on the MAT. Around 100 shadowing hours in 4 settings, and a few years work experience related to peds and intellectual disabilities. There were people in my program with lower and higher stats. Since it was the first year, I think it might have been a bit less competitive than the Master's, but I'm not sure.

Just be yourself if you interview and don't obsess about memorizing what you want to say, and you'll be fine. :)

I don't remember my exact stats, but I had a 3.5 ish when I applied with a 3.8 ish prereq, and an overall 98% on the MAT. Around 100 shadowing hours in 4 settings, and a few years work experience related to peds and intellectual disabilities. There were people in my program with lower and higher stats. Since it was the first year, I think it might have been a bit less competitive than the Master's, but I'm not sure.

Just be yourself if you interview and don't obsess about memorizing what you want to say, and you'll be fine. :)
Thanks for the info! What do you thing are the main focuses of the program? Does there seem to be an emphasis in a certain area of research of theory? What I'm getting at is I want to know why I would go to university of washingtons program in comparison with others....

Thanks for the info! What do you thing are the main focuses of the program? Does there seem to be an emphasis in a certain area of research of theory? What I'm getting at is I want to know why I would go to university of washingtons program in comparison with others....
Do you mean university of Washington or Wash U st. Louis? Anyway, I don't know much about either program because I didn't apply there, but...

Compared to some other programs I've heard of, I feel like we're well rounded. We have one level 1 hospital based, 1 peds, and 1 community based mental health, plus a specialty/whatever we want to do (depending on availability). The OTD had different tracks (education, policy, research, and program development?) for the residency year, which depends on your interest. Most students who want to be grad assistants part time get a chance. I'm involved in research, which is what I wanted to do! :)

Plus we're in a great part of Philly, and it's cool live on campus and be part of medically oriented community. I have med student friends, rad therapy, nursing, PT... And we have the health mentors program, which everyone is involved in for 2 years with 4 other students from different disciplines.

I can't say which schools are better or worse, but I'm happy with my education so far overall.

Last edited:
Has anyone applied to these DOT programs? If so, what are your stats and have you heard anything from them? Cheers!
Not sure if you have seen the new (as of today) forum up on WUSTL, but it sounds like their first round of acceptances went out today. That said, those accepted have 14 days to respond, and so my guess is by mid-November another round of acceptances will come out. Good luck!