Thoracics textbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medstart108

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations on a good textbook that teaches thoracic surgery for someone looking to understand the basics both of ward and operative techniques? Truth be told, not really planning on doing thoracics as staff so prefer a book that covers a lot but necessarily to staff level of detail. If there isn't any one book, open to having two. I'm doing my junior thoracic rotation at a community site and will be the most senior trainee on the service. I'd prefer something that is more readable and if an operative techniques textbook, something with good diagrams and pictures. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did your program not recommend you texts for this?

TSRA review should be fine for this level

They haven't i mean beyond Sabiston's, but I'm not sure I have the time to go through that book right now as my rotation is coming up soon. I was just curious if there is anything I don't know yet.

Mastery of Cardiothoracic Surgery would be useful in learning about surgeries and techniques. There are ebook versions out there if you look hard...

Reactions: 1 user