Those applying to 2015 DPT programs this year...What are your stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My Stats:

University: UMass Amherst
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-req GPA: 3.91
GRE: TBD

Observation: Currently about 500 hours as a PT tech in an outpatient clinic. Likely be up to almost 2000 upon matriculation.
Would like to get some volunteer hours elsewhere.

Extracurricular: Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Kinesiology Club, Board of Student Businesses, Relay for Life Volunteer, volunteer for home with adults with developmental disabilities.

I'm applying to: Simmons College, Boston University, UVM, UConn, Sacred Heart University, UC Denver, Western Carolina University, possibly Springfield College.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, since the new cycle is opening, at what point to we just move this discussion to the sticky thread on GPAs/Acceptances...etc?

I'm sure that it would be a good idea to move it to that thread now (so long as that thread is for all years in general and not just for one application cycle?). I was reading through the last few pages of it and it's extremely helpful for getting an idea of what to expect from the application cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've was wondering why a whole new thread was started for this! The is the whole purpose of that "GPAs, GREs, etc" sticky thread at the top.

I'm sure that it would be a good idea to move it to that thread now (so long as that thread is for all years in general and not just for one application cycle?). I was reading through the last few pages of it and it's extremely helpful for getting an idea of what to expect from the application cycle.
I've was wondering why a whole new thread was started for this! The is the whole purpose of that "GPAs, GREs, etc" sticky thread at the top.

Okay then! I hereby, with all of the power vested in me on this forum (read as 'zero power') DEMAND (read as 'suggest') we take this party to the sticky thread up top!

Just saw my quote :eek: - oh my goodness, I think PT school has made me forget simple grammar and spelling!

Reactions: 1 user
First cycle I applied to 2 schools . Didn't get in to one due to my GRE score being too low. The second school was taking a long time to let me know of a decision- like May long time and I had to make decisions about retaking classes etc. so I withdrew my application. Second time I applied to 5 schools all who did not require the GRE so that I wouldn't be at a disadvantage, I had an interview at one who could not give me a single reason as to why I wasn't accepted, how to improve my application, and they said my interviewer really liked me. They said they were shocked I wasn't accepted. I didn't get in anywhere else. It's been such a long road so I am hoping I get in this cycle since I've done everything I can possibly do. Nothing else would make me happy to do! I'm too devoted and love it way too much :)

I heard a lot of people say that they didn't get accepted mainly because they did not apply to enough schools. I'm planning on applying to 6 schools that I can commute to and that I think I have a good shot at getting in. Good luck this cycle!

My stats:

University: Indiana University
Major: BS in Biology, BM in Music Performance, Minor: Animal Behavior
Cum. GPA: 3.66
Pre-req GPA: 3.3-3.6ish depending on the program
Post-bacc GPA: 4.0 at CC for remaining pre-reqs needed
GRE: V158 Q159 AW 4.5

Observation Hours: 41 Extended Care Patient Facility, 50 Outpatient Facility (workers comp and aquatic therapy), still trying to find an acute inpatient observation location, anyone else have problems with that?
Extracurricular: Dean's List, Private Oboe Instructor, Counselor/Instructor/Performer Blue Lake International Orchestral Program, Eastern Music Festival, Winner IU Oboe Concerto Competition, Finalist in Woodwind Department Concerto Competition

I think I'm going to apply to IUPUI, UIndianpolis, UEvansville, Bellarmont, Ohio University, Washington University of St Louis, UCinncinati (possibly)

Since most of my focus in undergrad was on music performance with biology as more of something I did on the side, I'm hoping the fact that all my extracurriculars are music related won't count against me, and that my GPA went up after focusing only on academic classes.

I'm applying this year as well...

University: University of Oregon
Major: Human Physiology & Psychology (2 degrees one is a B.A. and one a B.S.)
Overall GPA: 4.04 (you can go over a 4.0 at my school if you get A+'s in harder classes)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: Taking them next month. Hopefully I'll do okay, I'm usually good at taking tests. I'll update this if I remember once I have.

Extra-Curric: I'm non-trad (in my 30's) so I don't have a lot of extra time since I work almost full time, but I try to volunteer with a computer science for kids organization, worked in homeless outreach in the past, volunteered with local roller derby league etc.

Volunteer: Same situation with hours for shadowing PT's. By the end of this month I'll have about 100 outpatient in various clinics and I am about to start at a neurology center in a hospital and an inpatient clinic next month. Hoping to have at least 150 hours before I start to apply.

I am going to be applying to USC, Duke, Columbia, University of Delaware, Pacific University, University of Washington, Northwestern and University of Vermont. It's kind of a lot I know, but I'm worried I won't get in so I'm going to try to put in a lot of apps. We'll see if I actually do once I start the application process though. ;)
I'm applying to UD as well for Early Decision.
Eastern University
Exercise Science major psych minor
GRE: 157 V, 156 Q, 5.0 AW
GPA: 3.96 cumulative, 3.89 prereq
450 hours observing outpatient, 20 inpatient
EC: wounded warrior project, research assistant, A & P TA

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
My stats:
University: University of Rochester (class of 2015)
Major: Biomedical Engineering (concentration in Biomechanics) with a minor in Social Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.52
Pre-req GPA: 3.4-3.6 depending on the program
GRE: I will be taking it Aug. 27th. My first practice test scores were 150 Verbal, 158 Quantitative, 4 Analytical

Observation: 170 hours of outpatient orthopaedic, hoping to get about 40 inpatient hours before applying, and I plan to shadow pediatric PT once a week for a few hours throughout the fall semester (maybe 30-40 hours by the time I apply)

Extracurricular: President of the Biomedical Engineering Society, Teaching Assistant for 3 biomedical engineering (BME) courses, Tutored for BME and physics courses, member of Active Minds

Work Experience: I have been working in various labs performing orthopaedic biomechanics research for the last 2 years. I have a summer 2014 internship in the Orthopaedic Robotics Lab at the University of Pittsburgh leading a research project on internal fixation methods for the interphalangeal joint. I have also done research in finite element modeling of the proximal tibia and femur.

I am not sure exactly where I am applying, yet. I am most interested in US Army-Baylor University and the University of Pittsburgh. I will likely also apply to Delaware, Emory, Alabama- Birmingham, Virginia Commonwealth, Wash U in St. Louis, and maybe a few more.

I am applying to pretty challenging schools, so I wanted to apply to a good number of them to help my chances of getting in somewhere. I don't know that my GPA depicts me well and the time consumption of my BME curriculum and summer internship have limited my availability to shadow :/

The more I read into peoples outstanding GPA's the more discouraged I get about applying...

Texas State University
Bachelor's in Exercise Sport Science Pre-Physical Therapy
GPA Overall:3.07
GPA pre req : 3.27
GRE: 162V, 160Q AW4.5

Extracurricular: Exercise Sport Science Pre physical therapy , Volunteer at Multiple Marathon Kids events, ACSM Personal Trainer Cert, American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Cert

Observation: 210 Pediatric Physical Therapy Clinic, 120 General Outpatient PT clinic, 800+ Physical Therapy Technician Payed Job

Schools Applying to: Marquette University, TWU, Texas State University, Northwestern University, UofI Chicago, NIU, Midwestern University, Bradley University, UTHSC san antonio, UT Galveston, Texas Tech, Angelo State, University of North Texas Health and Science, Governors State University, UT el paso, Hardin Simmons University

Will I get accepted somewhere or not? Honesty is welcomed

The more I read into peoples outstanding GPA's the more discouraged I get about applying...

Texas State University

Extracurricular: Exercise Sport Science Pre physical therapy , Volunteer at Multiple Marathon Kids events, ACSM Personal Trainer Cert, American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Cert

Observation: 210 Pediatric Physical Therapy Clinic, 120 General Outpatient PT clinic, 800+ Physical Therapy Technician Payed Job

Schools Applying to: Marquette University, TWU, Texas State University, Northwestern University, UofI Chicago, NIU, Midwestern University, Bradley University, UTHSC san antonio, UT Galveston, Texas Tech, Angelo State, University of North Texas Health and Science, Governors State University, UT el paso, Hardin Simmons University

Your overall GPA might hurt you a bit, but 3.27 pre-req isn't bad. Your GRE scores are AWESOME. Your observation experience looks extensive and well rounded, and it looks like you have some solid extracurriculars.

I'm not going to say don't worry, because everyone worries, but I think you will be okay. You seem to be pretty well rounded though and I would like to think that will help in the end. I'm in a similar situation. I don't have an incredible GPA like a lot of people on here but it is solid, and there is a lot more to me than my GPA. For people like you and me, I feel like if we can get to the interview stage and can sell ourselves we will be okay.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas State University

I'd say you have pretty good odds. Obviously, the people with amazing GPA's and GRE's will be ahead of you. However, there are plenty of people with great GPA's and way way lower GRE's. They should kind of cancel each other out. Just make sure your essays, references, and interview blow them away. Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't have to be the best student accepted. You just have to be the 60th best (or whatever number a school takes.) Of course, I tell myself that, but I'm still stressing out too.

Reactions: 4 users
Your overall GPA might hurt you a bit, but 3.27 pre-req isn't bad. Your GRE scores are AWESOME. Your observation experience looks extensive and well rounded, and it looks like you have some solid extracurriculars.

I'm not going to say don't worry, because everyone worries, but I think you will be okay. You seem to be pretty well rounded though and I would like to think that will help in the end. I'm in a similar situation. I don't have an incredible GPA like a lot of people on here but it is solid, and there is a lot more to me than my GPA. For people like you and me, I feel like if we can get to the interview stage and can sell ourselves we will be okay.

Thanks!!! the application process in combination with the wait is the worst. I genuinely feel exactly as you pointed out, I'm shooting for the interviews then I feel I'm golden. Good luck to you as well.

Ps: the Manhattan GRE prep book package was worth every penny

Last edited:
I'd say you have pretty good odds. Obviously, the people with amazing GPA's and GRE's will be ahead of you. However, there are plenty of people with great GPA's and way way lower GRE's. They should kind of cancel each other out. Just make sure your essays, references, and interview blow them away. Best of luck.

Oh believe me I've been proof reading my essays and fine tuning them as well as I can. References are pretty solid coming from two different DPTs each which attended one of the many schools I'm applying for. My way of thinking is I'm going to apply to a bunch of schools, willing to go anywhere as long as they're accredited. They don't have to be one of the top schools (although I wouldn't mind going to Marquette,UTMB, or Northwestern haha) because I'm happy being able to finish the career I am passionate about. Best of luck to you as well.

Oh believe me I've been proof reading my essays and fine tuning them as well as I can. References are pretty solid coming from two different DPTs each which attended one of the many schools I'm applying for. My way of thinking is I'm going to apply to a bunch of schools, willing to go anywhere as long as they're accredited. They don't have to be one of the top schools (although I wouldn't mind going to Marquette,UTMB, or Northwestern haha) because I'm happy being able to finish the career I am passionate about. Best of luck to you as well.

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you and I'm worried just as much. I haven't calculated my GPA and still in the process off trying to take the GRE in August. It's difficult studying for the GRE while taking 10 hours over Summer. But, where do you plan on applying to?

University of California, Irvine
Major: Business Economics
Overall GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: 3.90 (still need to take Chem 1B and Physiology)
Extras: Volunteer at Orange County Rescue Mission, volunteer at my church food drive, intermural basketball
Volunteer Hours: 200+ outpatient; 67 skilled nursing facility
GRE: V 410 Q 750 AW 4.0

Applying: CSUN, Western, USC, CSU Fresno, West Coast, U of Washington, Puget Sound, NYMC, LIU, UNLV, Northern Arizona

Last edited:

Texas State University

Don't Apply to Marquette! They have a Direct Admit program and this year they only accepted 2 people, so I wouldn't bother

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Major: Kinesiology Minor: Psychology
Overall Undergrad GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: V 152 Q 154 AW 4.5

Extra-Curric/Work:
Physical therapy aide, front office coordinator at an outpatient clinic (~30hrs/wk), Kines Undergrad Student Org, Relay for Life org at UW-Milwaukee, volunteer at Special Olympics, and WI Humane Society

Volunteer Hours: Worked as a physical therapy aid in a hospital (~600 hours inpatient ortho, inpatient rehab, oncology, MRICU, neuro), currently work at an outpatient facility, ~75 hours outpatient, 8 in skilled nursing facility

LOR from head of UW-Milwaukee's Kinesiology dept who is a former professor and faculty head of the Kines. student org, my former clinic director who is now VP of operations of the outpatient clinic I work at and is also a UW Madison alum, and 2 PTs I have worked with, one in the hospital, one the outpatient clinic

Applying: UW-Madison-Early decision, if not accepted UW-LaCrosse, Concordia, North Florida, Northern Arizona

Interview:

Rejected:

My stats are around Madison's averages, some above, some below, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! So hard to just have to wait! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! :)
Best of Luck with early at Madison, I applied as well. Its going to be a long wait for the week of Sept 22nd!

University of Houston Clear-Lake

Major:
Fitness and Human Performance Pre-PT

Overall GPA: 3.71
Math/Science: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Last 60 hours: 3.8

GRE: 150Q + 153V= 303:
AW: 4.5

Observation: 35hrs outpatient ortho, 40 hrs in patient (seen geriatric, wound care, and neuro in this setting), 20 hrs pediatric. PLUS, a 150 hour internship with a PT recommended by my advisor. This PT is on the UTMB PT faculty as an adjunct!

Work/Community: N.A.S.M CPTat Blast! Fitness, 1200+ hours experience, First Aid/AED from American Red Cross Association.
Sales Experience!!! Assistant Fitness Manager
Transplant Fitness (Non-Profit). We train those denied by insurance for medical procedures for free in order to promote health and wellness in our society.
Hope for the Homeless! It is a group I started, we gather twice a month to make care packages with basic necessities for those in need. Then, drive around and deliver them.

Our school has an articulation agreement with UTMB. We have a chance to be evaluated against only those in our program (about 30), then they'll accept about 3 and move the rest to the regular pool of applicants.

Texas State University

Do you have any in patient experience? Acute or Sub Actute? I think your job will really help strengthen your applications. I am a bit bewildered, you have an ASCM cert, but work as a PT tech? Were you a CPT at one point, or maybe decided not to pursue it? In patient is a whole different animal, I think it is important that we all see in patient. At the hospital I complete my in patient observation, I saw ALOT of wound care! I mean people bed ridden with sores so severe that the sore smelled. If there was ever a deterrent for prospective PT students, then I believe this would be it. It was also good to see an extensive amount of geriatric and stroke patients. I have definitely learned an exorbitant amount and feel prepared for PT school. If you have the time after your acceptance, I would get some in patient experience just to see the other side of the spectrum. Much different than ortho and sports med PT. This observation showed me how important it is for someone to simply be able to sit up or take a few steps! Anyway, best of luck, with that GRE score, you should be fine. You will certainly get into Angel0 State!

Just a reminder that the "GPAs, GREs, etc" sticky thread at the top of the forum is for posts like these. The reason that thread was turned into a sticky was to keep it at the top for all of the stats posts like this, because the thread was so popular. This thread is really redundant.

Redundant as it may be...there hundreds of posts on that thread, many of them students from all over the country! This person was asking a few schools in Texas. I posted in the Texas Applications thread from 2014 and 2015, yet didn't receive a response.

No. Reread the OP and try again.

I agree with T8024, it's intimidating (but great!) to see how high everyone else's stats are.

George Washington U
Major:
Public Health

Overall undergrad GPA: 3.6
Math/Science (undergrad): 3.2
Pre-Req GPA (including Orgo): 3.1
(I still need the year of A&P and Physics II. Assuming I get As in those, it will drive me up to 3.4 pre-req GPA)

Overall grad GPA: 3.86 (MPH, epidemiology)
GRE: 159Q, 155V, 4.5 W (I have to apply this year because my GREs will expire!!!)

Observation: 50 hrs inpatient (acute and ortho) by mid-Sept + whatever I can get after.

Work/Community: I have leadership positions on a state public health association and honor society. I did a graduate fellowship at the state legislature doing health-related legislation. I volunteered on an HIV/AIDS prevention project abroad for almost a year. My recent history has been very quant/analytic because I've been doing epidemiology work.

Applying to: Drexel, Ruters, UMD-Baltimore, VCU, Stony Brook, Sage, SUNY Upstate, NYMC, Thomas Jefferson.

It looks funny because I have a low science GPA, but I hope schools will see that I can work hard. I definitely want to do more research in the future (i.e. outcomes/medical research) because I have the stats background for it, but I'd rather much doing PT full-time instead of being chained to a desk!

Any advice???

I am in the middle of applying now!

University: University of Indianapolis
Major: Psychology/Pre-PT
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.7 (we'll see how PTCAS calculates it)
GRE: 156V, 154Q, 4.5 AW (plan to retake in early September)
Extra-Curric: Undergraduate research in biology department looking at pancreatic cancer cells with my former physiology professor (I used to be a Biology major)

Planning to Apply to: UIndy, IUPUI, Ohio State, MUSC. (preferences in that order). I really wanted to apply to a couple CalState schools, but they require at least 100 observation hours, which I'm pretty sure theres no way I can get by the end of September.

I also have a part-time job with a home healthcare company where I am a caregiver for a special needs 19-yr old with CP where we do PT-related activities like stretches, exercises, walking w/ a walker, etc, and I take him to his OT/PT appointments and interact with him and the PTs. (They even usually show me stuff and even let me do exercises which is really really cool)

Letters of Rec: My professor with whom I am doing research and was my physio professor, a PT I have been shadowing for approx. 1 month in an outpatient setting, and either one of my psychology professors, my psychology academic advisor (who advises for the whole department), or my supervisor from working in the admissions office.

Volunteer/Observation hours: I am not 100% sure, but I estimate I'm in the ballpark of ~50 hours, with at least 20 inpatient and at least 15 outpatient. Hopefully I can include the hours I've spent working as a caregiver, but I have no way to confirm those hours with a PT even though they were PT-related.

I will also be applying for the first time this year, as soon as the cycle opens up July 1.

Undergraduate Institution:
Florida Gulf Coast University Major: Biology Minor: Interdisciplinary Sciences

Undergraduate GPA
: 3.1 Science, 3.3 Non-Science, ~3.2 Cumulative

Graduate School: Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine Major: Masters in Public Health (MPH)

Graduate GPA:

estimated PTCAS Science GPA:~3.18

estimated PTCAS Non-Science GPA:~ 3.5

estimated PTCAS overall GPA: ~ 3.3

Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3. 8 depending on schools requirements.

GRE: 154 verbal, 150 quant, 4.0 Writing

Experience: Over 100 verified hours hospital physical therapy volunteer in outpatient, inpatient, and aquatic rehab. Also 18 hours as a physical therapy patient.

Other experience: Previously worked as a patient transporter and EKG tech in a hospital.
100 hours volunteering in non PT at hospital, I hold 2 certifications from the NSCA; the CPT and CSCS, I also hold the Crossfit Level 1 Trainer Certificate, and The Crossfit Mobility Trainer Certificate.

Schools I plan to apply to: Nova Southeastern University (NSU), University of Miami(UM), Florida International University (FIU), and University of St Augustine (USA) Flex DPT

Update: Interview Invite - University of Miami

Twsurfsnow.... When did you received the email from university of Miami saying you where under review? I'm trying to figure out how long the review apps on average before they extend an interview... I have similar stats with you and I got an email saying I'm currently under review as in yesterday morning

Update: Interview Invite - University of Miami
Twsurfsnow.... When did you received the email from university of Miami saying you where under review? I'm trying to figure out how long the review apps on average before they extend an interview... I have similar stats with you and I got an email saying I'm currently under review as in yesterday morning

I submitted my PTCAS as early as possible. July 30th is when I received my email that my app was under review. I sent them my supplemental check as soon as my PTCAS was mailed.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I submitted my PTCAS as early as possible. July 30th is when I received my email that my app was under review. I sent them my supplemental check as soon as my PTCAS was mailed.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Thank you so much, I guess now is just the waiting game for me and cross my fingers..... At least a month

University: Auburn University (war eagle!)
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.87 (at the moment)
Pre-Req GPA: Not sure, probably like 3.7ish
GRE: V:155 Q: 156 AW: 4.5

Volunteer: Inpatient (55 hours/rehab hospital), Outpatient (150 Hours/ortho clinic)

I'm applying to Alabama State University, University of Alabama at Birmingham, South Alabama, UT Chattanooga, Georgia Regents, Georgia State

My Stats
University: University of Rhode Island
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.59
Pre-Req GPA: 3.65
GRE: 150 Q / 152 V
Extra-Curric: InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (Leadership position held), Homework Club (Homework volunteer helping at risk students at an inner-city elementary school), KRUP "Katrina Relief Urban Plunge" (Alternative spring break trip to New Orleans), The Good 5 Cent Cigar (Wrote for the school newspaper), Generation Church (Co-leader of Children's programs), URIDEAL: Research project working with inner-city individuals at a senior center: Tai chi and resistance training.
Volunteer/ Observation Hours: 400 outpatient + 10 at another outpatient + 21 at Spaulding Hospital in Boston in the limb loss and spinal cord injury clinics

Applying: University of Rhode Island, Boston University, Simmons College, and MGH Institute of Health Professionals

I know that my GRE scores are low…Anyone have any recommendations as to whether or not I should re-take them? Especially if you attend//attended or have applied to the same schools…Thank you!!

And the best of luck to everyone else too! :)

Last edited:

Posted using SDN Mobile
Twsurfsnow got my interview invite of day from university of Miami, when is your date?

Twsurfsnow got my interview invite of day from university of Miami, when is your date?

October 3rd, they are my #1 choice, so I picked the earliest date I could.

Posted using SDN Mobile

October 3rd, they are my #1 choice, so I picked the earliest date I could.

Posted using SDN Mobile
I have oct 3rd as well.. Also number one choice.... I guess I will see you there lol

University: University of Maryland - College Park
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.17
Pre-Req GPA: 3.01 (Planning on retaking something I got a C in and taking a second Bio)
GRE: Quant: 159 Verbal: 152 Writing: 5.0
Extra-Curric: Vice President of Fraternity, Co-Chair of biggest philanthropy on campus, club baseball, biomechanics lab member
Observation Hours: 2200 hours. Worked as a tech for about 2050 of them.
Applying to: UMD, Chatham, Hunter College, Northeastern, Temple, Simmons, USA, Lebanon Valley, George Washington, Marymount, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, Touro, New York Medical College, New York Institute of Technology, Duquesne, VCU, Long Island University.

I am super concerned because of my low GPA. I feel that if I can get to the interview I can let my personality take over and I will be good from there. Any insight would be appreciated.

So this is my 2nd cycle of applying....

University: University of California, Riverside and a bunch of other CC's for post-bac classes
Major: Political Science
Overall GPA: 3.04
Pre-req GPA: 3.69
GRE: 146 (Verbal), 150 (Quantitative), 3.5 (Analytical) [Retaking in Oct]

Observation: 236 inpatient, 80 outpatient

Applying: Too many to list but I've applied to 20+ schools all over the nation... I'm taking no chances in doing a 3rd cycle. So I decided to go crazy or don't go at all. LOL!

I'm nervous about this cycle, because of the wide net I am throwing this year and the fear of not getting in anywhere. My overall GPA sucks and my GRE is a bit-below average. So I'm hoping for an interview anywhere that will take me. Good Luck to Everyone!

Any input, thoughts, or words of encouragement about my stats will be considered and appreciated. :)

Have you tried to retake the GRE? That score looks like you took it without much studying and chose not to improve via a structured study plan. There is a lot of data that shows a correlation between verbal score and pass rates on boards. You should take this into account, if you did study for the exam.

Eff me. I look at some of the GPAs compared to my own and I want to throw up. :|

Have you tried to retake the GRE? That score looks like you took it without much studying and chose not to improve via a structured study plan. There is a lot of data that shows a correlation between verbal score and pass rates on boards. You should take this into account, if you did study for the exam.

I'm actually taking the GRE again at the end of October... It's difficult to do when I have volunteer hours, work 40hrs/week, and take night classes simultaneously. It's all like a massive juggling act, but I'm hoping that my pre-req GPA and essays help a lot for me. I'm just hoping....

If everyone posting their stats in this thread could also include them in the stats sticky at the top of the forum, that would be great, as that is the board's archive of students' stats from year to year which can be searched and used as a reference for future applicants' research into the application process. Let's try to keep all the "raw data" that is out there in one place for easier analysis for those that want to use it. Thanks. :D

University: Graduated magna cum laude from James Madison University in May 2014.
(Currently taking a year off to gain experience in PT and finish 3 prerequisite classes.)

Major: Health Science- Health Studies concentration

PTCAS Cumulative GPA: 3.89

PTCAS Math and Science GPA: 3.97 (taking precalc and physics 1 now and physics 2 next semester at a local CC.)

GRE: verbal 150, quant 152

Extra-Curricular:
-Member of the small coed cheer team for Hawaii Pacific University 2010-2011 (won NCA college nationals in 2011).
-Service learning experience at the Explore More Discovery Museum.
-Anatomy TA (Met for two hours a week for a preparation session and then assisted a professor teaching anatomy to students through bi weekly labs.
-Member of the health science specialty center program at my H.S. Health explorations, a college course taken in H.S, taught in collaboration by VCU and my H.S. The course created a unique experience that allowed for a test drive in future professional health careers that VCU had to offer including their DPT department=)

Observation hours/Work: 75-Outpatient (unpaid), 27-Inpatient rehabilitation (unpaid) & 1,210 from working as a PT tech in an outpatient clinic specializing in sport and spine injuries.

Applied: Virginia Commonwealth University
(All application materials received 09/25/14: will be notified by April 1,2015 at the latest.)

Interview: N/A

Accepted:

Rejected:

Wait listed:

Last edited:
Update!!! University of Houston Clear-Lake

Major: Fitness and Human Performance Pre-PT

Overall GPA: 3.71
Math/Science: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Last 60 hours: 3.8

GRE: 150Q + 153V= 303:
AW: 4.5

Observation: 35hrs outpatient ortho, 40 hrs in patient (seen geriatric, wound care, and neuro in this setting), 20 hrs pediatric. PLUS, a 150 hour internship with a PT recommended by my advisor. Also provide one of my letters of rec.

Work/Community: N.A.S.M CPTat Blast! Fitness, 1200+ hours experience, First Aid/AED from American Red Cross Association.
Sales Experience!!! Assistant Fitness Manager
Transplant Fitness (Non-Profit). We train those denied by insurance for medical procedures for free in order to promote health and wellness in our society.
Hope for the Homeless! It is a group I started, we gather twice a month to make care packages with basic necessities for those in need. Then, drive around and deliver them

Interviews: UTMB (on 10/27) Texas State University (on 11/17)

Acceptances: UTMB

Attending: UTMB