Those who have been thru the wait..Help ease the pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keithslc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I find it very comforting to hear from those previous MCAT takers who acknowledge that they left the test center feeling that they had bombed the actual MCAT ,even after performing well on the AAMC practice exams. These same people were :smuggrin: delighted when they got there scores back and found out that they were worried for no reason at all. Lets hear from any of those people. It will help ease the anxiety and disappointment....lol....thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

keithslc said:
I find it very comforting to hear from those previous MCAT takers who acknowledge that they left the test center feeling that they had bombed the actual MCAT ,even after performing well on the AAMC practice exams. These same people were :smuggrin: delighted when they got there scores back and found out that they were worried for no reason at all. Lets hear from any of those people. It will help ease the anxiety and disappointment....lol....thanks in advance!

Calm down dude:) No point in worrying now, there is absolutely nothing you can do until those scores come in.

keithslc said:

You are exactly the kind of person that will be ecstatic when the scores come in. See my recent post under MCAT score predictions.

keithslc said:

Took it last spring, felt lucky if I would have pulled a 5-6 on PS. Almost didn't come back for the 2nd half. Felt good on BS (expected a 12-13) and so/so on verbal (expected 9-11). PM me if you would like actual scores.

Or if you don't want numbers, just know that I did much better than I expected, partly because my PS was so difficult that there was apparently a pretty damn good curve. (good enough to go to med school this year anyway)

In summary, if you thought your section was easy, you probably did worse than you thought, and vice-versa.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anything, think about all those people who have the medical profession such an honorable one. It takes a lot of effort and dedication to be a doctor. Don't let one test make your world go upside down. Relax, stay composed, you have got a lot of work to do.
I am in the same boat ;)

Most people come out of the MCAT feeling like they did horribly. (Happens with most huge tests.) Don't worry, it'll all be OK. :)

keithslc said:

you'll be fine, i thought i bombed and did really well.
this is the worst part of the MCAT, by far. I'd reccomend hearty attention to that social life you forgot about in the months prior to the mcat

oudoc08 said:
Took it last spring, felt lucky if I would have pulled a 5-6 on PS. Almost didn't come back for the 2nd half. Felt good on BS (expected a 12-13) and so/so on verbal (expected 9-11). PM me if you would like actual scores.

Or if you don't want numbers, just know that I did much better than I expected, partly because my PS was so difficult that there was apparently a pretty damn good curve. (good enough to go to med school this year anyway)

In summary, if you thought your section was easy, you probably did worse than you thought, and vice-versa.

Listen to oudoc08, he's not only a future classmate, he's an oracle of knowledge. I felt the exact same way after my MCAT and the score turned out to be much better than expected. My PS was friggin hard.