Those with Master Degrees!! Yeah....you! talk to me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you had a Master's Degree by the time they went started MedSchool? Did you guys feel like the admissions committee liked that? Or were they more like: uhhh....so what too you so long to opt for medschool?!

Cheers for answers!:D

Members don't see this ad.

There are quite a few in the Irish schools who have masters degrees before they start med school. I don't think it was seen as a "delayer" to med school. You'll probably just have to answer the more generic "why are you choosing to pursue medicine" question.

... true but both my B.sc. and M.Sc. are in the medical field. Human Nutrition and Food Science, respectively :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I was working on a Master's of Public Health while I applied to medical school, and will have completed it when I enter this fall. In my interview, I feel like they did like that I was getting it. My reasons for getting an MPH matched up well with my essay and goals as a physician, and it was apparent that I was doing it for genuine reasons, not as a ploy to get in.

10x jdr55!

I was thinking about and MPH as well but we don't have such a program in Montreal :-( so I decided to stay in my field and at least work towards something similar to an MPH....you know....nutrition, food, healthy living => prevention of disease :p

I can't wait for August 1st so I can start my apps!!!!