Those with prior degrees wishing to get an MD fast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poisson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, I saw this profile of a guy who had prior degrees completed and earned an MD and MS from Grace and AUC in 2 years. I am sure there are a lot of other profiles of similar people from DPM, DC, and other fields:

It is uncommon for a man to be highly regarded in more than one field of endeavor. By any standard, therefore, Prof. Dr.(med.) Peter S. Geissler, A.B., B.S., M.S., M.Phil., Ph.D. (Yale), M.A., M.Eng., M.S., Ph.D., M.S., M.D., M.Phil.(Cantab), is an uncommon man.
Dr. Geissler is well known as a court-appointed general civil mediator, research psychoanalyst, professional engineer, and an authority on international trademark registration.
Education
2011 PhD Clinical Psychology
Department of Clinical Psychology
California Institute for Human Science 2008 Graduate Studies Psychology
Department of Psychology
School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Mercy College of New York 2007 Graduate Studies European Trademark Law
Academy of Intellectual Property Law Oxford 1997 MPhil (Cantab) Biological Sciences
Department of Anatomy
University of Cambridge 1995 MD Grace University
School of Medicine
Saint Kitts-Nevis 1995 MS American University of the Caribbean
School of Graduate Studies
Montserrat, British West Indies 1993 PhD Civil Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
University of California, Irvine 1991 MS (Eng) Civil Engineering
University of California, Irvine 1989 Graduate Studies Norton Clapp School of Law
University of Puget Sound 1988 MEng (Civil) Civil Engineering
University of California, Davis 1986 BSc (Eng) Civil Engineering
Stanford University 1978 MA Biophysics
Department of Biophysics and Medical Physics
University of California, Berkeley 1974 PhD Physiology
Department of Physiology
Yale University 1973 MPhil Physiology
Department of Physiology
Yale University 1972 MS Physiology
Department of Physiology
Yale University 1971 AB Physics
Department of Physics
University of California, Berkeley
DISSERTATION TOPICS:
Ph.D. Psychology of Trademarks Advisor: Dr. Thomas McCullough
Senior Lecturer, Haas School of Business
University of California, Berkeley MPhil (Cantab) An Analytical Study of the Inflammatory Response to Bacterial Endotoxin Advisor: Dr. Michael Message
Director of Studies in Medicine, Saint Catharine's College, Cambridge
Senior Lecturer, Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge
Senior Proctor of the University of Cambridge PhD A Global, Thermodynamic-Potential Approach to Complex Systems and Deterministic Chaos Advisor: Professor Robin Shepherd
University of California, Irvine and
California Institute of Technology MEng (Civil) Theoretical Mechanics of 2- and 3-Dimensional Arrays of Closest-Packed, Rigid Spheres Advisor: Professor Michael Taylor
University of California, Davis PhD Volume Regulation of Rabbit Cornea Advisor: Professor Jose Zadunaisky
Department of Physiology and
Department of Ophthalmology
School of Medicine
Yale University

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of California, Berkeley 1974 PhD Physiology
Department of Physiology
Yale University 1973 MPhil Physiology
Department of Physiology

He got his PhD in a year? wtf

so whats the end point?

how'd he pay for all that education? i can barely pay for the MD

I remember him from AUC. It took him 4 years like everybody else. He was not like sheldon, more like the skipper from Gilligans Island. I think he had some family money which has allowed him to do nothing productive but go to school and party.

I remember him from AUC. It took him 4 years like everybody else. He was not like sheldon, more like the skipper from Gilligans Island. I think he had some family money which has allowed him to do nothing productive but go to school and party.

I would definitely agree he appears to be a family money sort of guy. All of you that are interested I would look into schools. I am starting to see many people, especially from PhD in physiology, and maybe other related fields earning MDs in 2 years from US schools (who knows if this is 2.5 or what). University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine I believe is one such school, but schools in California may be out there as well. Use intelligent searching on Google and LinkedIn, i.e. properly using quotations and "and," and you should find some stuff. Typically I see the DC degree as not one to shorten degree time, which may have to do with rigor of science or just the degree not being accepted by the general medical community by some, but graduate PhD degrees in a medical science I see commonly getting shortened MDs. I would guess pathology or pathobiology would be one. I may have even seen biomedical engineering. Also to get in touch with LinkedIn members go back and forth from Google and LinkedIn, as some people are public on Google, but private on LinkedIn, but others are private on Google (searching for LinkedIn profiles on Google), but public on LinkedIn (searching LinkedIn profiles within LinkedIn), but I believe few if non are private on both. For what its worth guys, sometimes people from med schools ask to get coffee and what not, which is a good way to learn about the school. Don't count on this giving an admissions advantage though, but sometimes students may spread the word to students that may contribute a bit on admissions. In this case though, with the prior degrees, it may give you some options as to what schools may accept transfer from grad school, but your stats, experience, and career goals (why the change?) should meet the expectations for admission.

!That is funny you remember him! This guy looks like he is 85 with that beard!

Last edited:
Well, this guy also blows the other guy out of the water from the east, who has a lot of masters degrees. I bet you have heard of this guy, he was in the news in the past few years. Harvard guy, and other degrees, maybe dislexic. Now owns a consultancy business and charges several thousand an hour I think? Don't count me on that. Another side of his business is to give admissions advice for people to schools. He doesn't have an MD though, so can't help in the med school way. He does however have several English / humanities type degrees, and I think his first degree was summa cum laude.

Where is his DVM/VMD?

It seems silly to do so many masters degrees...

I would be curious about his employment history.

Where is his DVM/VMD?

It seems silly to do so many masters degrees...

I would be curious about his employment history.

Here is a big bio about him and his firm: http://www.geissler-associates.com/peter_profile.cfm

Before I was gathering information about one of his academic appointments at Cumberlins (I am sure he has many more; Law at Oxford maybe?).

He doesn't appear to have a DVM degree, but I like how you threw in the VMD, I could more picture him jumping towards the ivy league vet degree (That's Penn's right?).

The employment history is a good question, because one might think where he got time to do any work at all. Usually these guys with like 20 degrees have consulting firms and charge heavy dollars per hour for services.

As for the masters degrees, there is I believe a cardiologist or some type of doctor in india that is a member of virtually every honors society you could be a member at, has virtually every top honorary degree (I think Harvard and those types included), and maybe about 30 masters degrees non-honorary.

He sounds more like Buster from Arrested Development.

Seems like a bunch of poo to me. No way someone could do that.