Thoughts on Grainger & Allison's book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thesunlighthurtsmyeyes

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has actually read/used Grainger & Allison's book on diagnostic imaging. An older resident of mine got the latest version as a parting gift and handed it down to me: is it a good read for my first rotation or should I just start using Requisites, Fundamentals of Body CT etc. as the stickied post suggests?

I know many here aren't a big fan of Brant & Helm's because it tries to cover everything but at the same time stays too superficial on a lot of subjects.
Browsing through the Grainger & Allison's it seems to be much more detailed, but I'm a little anxious about undertaking a 2200 page read if I could have just spend that time getting through the rotation-specific books a second time (or even a first thorough time). The only required reading at our hospital is Tabar Teaching atlas of mammography for the mammo-rotation...

Any thoughts on or experiences with the book would be greatly appreciated?