Thoughts on Medical Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aryan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I could not find a thread about this, but did find a few things here or there about it. Perhaps, I'm blind or something :eek: . In any case, I just thought I'd start a thread for people who are debating whether or not to apply to a given medical school. I have done my research for a few schools that I am applying to, but would like to add 4 more to my list. I wanted to know what people think about:

Albert Einstein
Mount Sinai
Columbia
Cornell
Wash U

Thanks
:)

Members don't see this ad.

I think that 80% are on the east coast. :D

Well, they're all good schools. From what I hear Cornell's location is the best. AECOM's Bronx location is the sux.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm . . . I only know about Columbia and Wash U. I thought Columbia's interview day was disorganized and it really turned me off to the school, but obviously lots of people fell in love with it because they have a big thread somewhere. Wash U has a reputation for liking numbers a bit too much (many threads on this), and I don't know if they deserve the no. 2 ranking, but they are a solid school and if you are open to living somewhere besides the coasts, you should consider it. Their research is strong, their hospitals are strong, they offer lots of scholarships, and there's really nothing I can say against them. I live 3 hours south of St. Louis, so I know the city pretty well, and it's decent. If you can't have fun there, you're not very creative.

I can't rank Wash U, cuz I am nowhere near it.

but in terms of location/campus:
1. Cornell
2. Mt. Sinai & Columbia
4. AECOM

2. Cornell
3. Mt. Sinai
4. AECOM

tis all i know.

Weird name, aryan... Future troll ?

And interested in schools in Jew York.

mr. sparkle said:
I can't rank Wash U, cuz I am nowhere near it.

but in terms of location/campus:
1. Cornell
2. Mt. Sinai & Columbia
4. AECOM

2. Cornell
3. Mt. Sinai
4. AECOM

tis all i know.

In terms of the location/campus rankings, I'd have Columbia tied with Einstein for #3 since it's located in Spanish Harlem and AECOM is located in the Bronx. Sinai is located on the border between East Harlem and Upper East Side, but it sits adjacent to central park, which is awesome. The reputation rankings I agree with.