Thoughts on Radiation Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoadingMe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

For about a year I was almost positive I was going to end up going into Nursing but came across a new degree program called Radiation Therapy from the website BLS.gov. It stated that for someone to start working in radiation therapy they would need an associates degree and that the projected job growth up to the year 2022 is between 18-24%. Seeing that I am 24 years old and really wanting to get my career started I decided to switch from a bachelors degree in Nursing to an associates degree in Radiation Therapy but wanted to see if anyone is in this career field that can offer me advice for the career and what options to take when looking to get into the program. Ive heard that this career field is really hard to find a job.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

For about a year I was almost positive I was going to end up going into Nursing but came across a new degree program called Radiation Therapy from the website BLS.gov. It stated that for someone to start working in radiation therapy they would need an associates degree and that the projected job growth up to the year 2022 is between 18-24%. Seeing that I am 24 years old and really wanting to get my career started I decided to switch from a bachelors degree in Nursing to an associates degree in Radiation Therapy but wanted to see if anyone is in this career field that can offer me advice for the career and what options to take when looking to get into the program. Ive heard that this career field is really hard to find a job.

I think you're in the wrong forum. If anything, radiation oncology would have a better idea.